Chapter 79

Goldenstreak stiffened. She was sharing tongues with Duskpatch and had scented rogue.

"Rogues!" Willowbranch yowled from the elders' den. Goldenstreak jumped. Rogues began to enter the camp. Goldenstreak lashed at the invading cats. She saw Frostfang run towards the nursery. Beetleshell ran towards the entrance. Goldenstreak hissed and attacked a nearby cat. There wasn't many rogues this time, it was a weak attempt. This was the fifth time in the last halfmoon that the rogues had attacked.

Goldenstreak came face to face with a big brown tom. Goldenstreak slashed at his face and dodged his attacked. Soon she fought him off. A shriek came from the nursery. Goldenstreak ran towards in time to see two cats pelting out with Nightstream's kits. Goldenstreak hissed and lunged the first one. He dropped one kit when Goldenstreak hit him. Foxpaw ran over and snatched up the kit carefully and ran into the nursery. Goldenstreak abandoned first cat and attacked the other before she could get away. Goldenstreak had the advantage because the she-cat's mouth was still carrying the kits. Goldenstreak bit her paw and the she-cat dropped the kits and ran off. Goldenstreak picked up the two kits and took them inside. Nightstream was wailing, even though her kits were returned. Goldenstreak's eyes landed on black fur stained with blood.

"Forwtfang!" Nightstream cried. Goldenstreak rushed to the tom. His eyes with glazed over, though he looked protective. Goldenstreak stepped back in shock. There was rustling at the entrance. Acornfur came in and observed Frostfang.

"He is with StarClan." She whispered. Goldenstreak helped them take Frostfang's body out and lay it in the clearing.

"Willowshade!" Goldenstreak heard Beetleshell yowl. She turned and saw the tom standing over Willowshade. Blood flood from her side.

"Take care Beetleshell." She whispered. Her eyes glazed over and she looked at nothing. Beetleshell bowed his head in misery.

"She was expecting my kits." He said softly. Goldenstreak gasped and rushed to comfort him, but he jerked away.

"No, stay away, my parents and mate, they are all gone, this curse will spread." He hissed. Goldenstreak looked at him confused.

"It's alright, you still have Stonethorn, Dustclaw, and Mistylight." Goldenstreak said. Beetleshell shook his head. Goldenstreak looked sadly at the bodies of the lost cats, Iceheart was trying to get his revenge.