Chapter 2.

The dust settles as more faces appear, my dad is the person standing closest to Thor and everything about this situation is unnerving, mostly, because my dad doesn't look like his normal self.

He's wearing his iron man suit, and immediately, that tells me somethings wrong.

"Stark?" Thors voice is deep as he bellows out for my father, rubbing his eyes and then looking around as all our faces become clear to him.

Scanning each of us, his eyes going from face to face, he hesitates on Harley who's stood beside Morgan and Pepper, just behind my dad. Then as he continues, he pauses on me, flicking to Bucky and then back again, our eyes meeting makes me feel uneasy, seemingly like he's looking at me for longer than what can only be no more than five seconds.

"What're you doing here?" I follow the voice to Steve who has ran in from outside somewhere.

"I have much to talk about. Come." Thor begins walking in the direction of the kitchen and it's like we're all in a trance as our feet follow him without question.

"No." Thor pauses as he passes the kitchen and instead begins to enter my fathers workshop.

"Clint?" He asks to no one in particular but Nat shakes her head. "Then just the five of us."

We know who he means, and as my fathers suit disappears into thin air, he, Nat, Steve and Bruce follow Thor and the door is closed on us.

"We can still see them? They know that right?" Peter asks as he gestures to the wall of glass.

"If we can't hear, seeing is pointless." Pepper looks frustrated, and she ushers away Morgan with almost everyone following her until it's only Bucky, Peter and I left.

I try my best to lip read, but with three out of five having their backs to us, any conversation I could make out would be useless.

Bucky's hand rests on my back and I feel his fingers twitch ever so slightly.

"This makes me nervous." He says to the shock of both me and Peter. "Why?" It's like Peter regrets asking as soon as the word leaves his mouth.

Shifting from one foot to the other, Bucky exhales and his jaw tightens. "Thor hasn't visited since Thanos." Peter looks into the room of almost every original avenger and my eyes follow. Thor looks like he's about to burst, my father is visibly stiff, while the other three all have extremely worried faces.

Almost instinctively my hand goes to my stomach, a strange feeling washes over me and my feet move me away from the door, with the two men almost running to catch up with me.

"Eden?" Bucky's voice matches the nervousness he's already told us he feels.

"I just need to..." my feet pick up running until I get to the bathroom and almost fall over to get to the toilet. Retching until what feels like everything I've ever eaten repeats on me. Bucky is beside me, pulling my hair out my face and gently rubbing my back. "It's okay baby, it's okay!"

***

It feels like we wait hours to hear what's going on, for any sign of news. I've crawled back into bed and napped and they still sit confined behind the glass wall of my fathers workshop.

"All those robots clearing the mess! Crazy!" Bucky says as he walks into our room with a fresh glass of water. I know he's secretly still super amazed by the technology we have here, and I love seeing how excited he gets about it, even if he doesn't always show it.

He hands me the glass and as I take a few sips he clears his throat, sitting on the end of the bed. Somethings up.

"So... I bumped into Steve in the kitchen..."

I don't say a word, only looking up at him through hooded eyes which he takes as an encouraging look to continue.

"He said we'll all be told what's going on together. But that it's about Loki."

Loki, Thors brother.. who from what little I know tried to destroy the entire planet.. I didn't pay that much attention, it happened in New York and I was in England at the time.

"Okay." I say with a slow nod. Truly, I don't know what else I can say about him, there's very little I know.

"I'm worried Eden, Loki is bad news." Bucky bites his lip, and I've never seen him look this anxious before, even at our scan earlier today, he seemed so much more at ease than he is right now.

Taking his hand in mine, I squeeze tightly, "you've all handled worse."

Bucky seems calmed by this, but I know under the surface his mind is racing with the worst possibilities.

A knock on the door interrupts the moment and Peter walks into our room sheepishly, "they wanna see us."

My eyes meet my husbands and we both do the slightest nod to one another, a, this is it nod.

Peter, Bucky and I are joined by Sam as we reach the bottom of the stairs, clearly he's made himself available as he's been out the country for the last two weeks. "This important?" He jokes giving me a hug and ruffling Peters hair, much to his playful annoyance.

Settling into the lounge, Clint has arrived too, along with Wanda and Rhodey.

No time for pleasantries as we're all encouraged by my father to sit down amongst everyone else already here.

Gesturing for my father to take the lead on this, Thor stands back from everyone else, and as his eyes land on me, he frowns and I look away feeling awkward.

Rubbing his hands together, my father steps forwards, puffing out his chest slightly, as he always does.

"So you all know Thor here made a grand entrance this morning— That's costing me thousands.. by the way." A jibe aimed in the god of thunders direction. To which he puts his hands up in apology.

"He's not been here since— well— you know." He says, wincing slightly, I know Thanos is an extremely sore subject for a lot of people here, Wanda especially.

"Which is why it raised a few too many alarm bells." He starts fidgeting, pull a sweet out the bowl on the coffee table and unwrapping it.

I see Pepper out the corner of my eye giving him a look and I know she wants him to hurry the hell up.

"Right now.. there's no need to worry. Not until—" he looks at Thor again, "6 weeks time."

His voice fills the room in a loud but almost calming way, mentally telling myself he'd be great at reading audiobooks.

"What happens in six weeks?" Peter asks the question on everyone's mind but my own as my head fills with trying to imagine Thors voice reading "did you put your name in the goblet of fire?"

Bucky nudges me as he notices I'm in a world of my own, my eyes narrowed down on Thor without realising. Luckily he's focused elsewhere and didn't notice.

"We're still working that out." Steve answers from where he's leaning back against the wall. "But from what we know, it's not looking good. Thor said he's been keeping his distance, until today."

Nat begins to speak, "he's using his powers, on something strong, we just don't know how to find out what—" "yet." Bruce adds with a small smile to the red head.

"So why d'you need all of us now?" Sam asks a very good question.

"This place needs fixing, and protection, Loki could be lying about his timeline.. plus, we have civilians here." My dad looks at Pepper and Morgan, me and then Harley.

"I want my family to be safe." The old man's getting soft in his old age.

Sam nods, they all have clear memories of what happened to me when I was left with little protection before, now there's more of us to think about, and Loki alone is far worse than my mother ever could be.