01

"Woah, Y/n, why does your face look like that?" Matsukawa asks, trying to hold back his stifled laughs

Matsukawa: Someone you go way back with, someone you have despised for quite a while, and someone you used to... you know what that'll be a story for later on.

"Leave me alone," you reply quietly, feeling too drained to give him even the slightest reaction. First, your long-time boyfriend broke up with you, and now you have to feel with someone you detest, not very ideal for you.

While you didn't have the energy to give a reaction, Matsukawa on the other hand was aiming for that very thing. A reaction. That's all he wanted.

"Ahh, c'mon, Y/n. Don't do me like that, it's boring when you aren't being aggressive," he playfully complains with a pout, sitting beside you. You continue to tune him out just wanting to go home and sleep.

The co-captain soon noticed your discomfort and decided to do something about it before it went too far since he knew that Matsukawa is quite persistent and wouldn't stop, "Matsun, just leave her alone and go practice."

"What, why? I just want to talk to her."

At this point, you were beyond irritated. You just wanted him to take the hint and leave you alone, but he didn't seem to. You decide to just go home and just rest, since well, you honestly needed it. You get up from the bench, grab your bag, letting the strap rest on your shoulder, turning towards Iwaizumi and Matsukawa, "I'm gonna go home. I'll be back for tomorrow's practice, please let Coach know, sorry."

Of course, Matsukawa didn't like that response since well, you know, he's stubborn. And what does he decide to do? Do what he does best: tick you off. "Oh, c'mon Y/n, why don't you wanna be with us today?"

He looks around you, finally noticing your boyfriend, who usually accompanies you, isn't there. "Besides, where's your one and only boyfriend? Doesn't he usually follow you like a love-sick puppy? Or did he finally realize he can do way better and broke up with you?" Matsukawa commented with a grin plastered on his face, only sarcastically, meaning no harm truthfully. But sometimes, in moments like these, did he wish he would've just shut his mouth.

Oikawa and Iwaizumi just stand there shaking their heads, knowing the boy is about to get one hell of a talk. Usually, they would try and help save him some slack, but they thought he honestly needed the scolding since you needed to take out your pent-up emotions some way or another.

"You know you have some fucking nerve. So what if he did break up with me? It's none of your business, nor should it be any of your business. I don't understand why you lack the brain cells to acknowledge the fact I don't want anything to do with you right now. Can't you use your brain for once and read the room? I don't have the energy to deal with you. God, I don't know why you're still like this. Look I understand you don't get enough attention from anyone but that doesn't give you the right to piss me off just because you feel like it." You finish your statement realizing you went on a tangent disrupting practice.

You turn towards the team feeling slightly embarrassed, "I am sorry I made a commotion, um, I'm going home. See you guys tomorrow. And Issei, I still to this day will never understand why you changed and why you act like this towards me. If I'm being truly honest, you were better before you became whatever you are now, I liked you better then." And with that, you head home in desperate need of a long nap, not even noticing you had referred to Matsukawa by his first name, something you stopped doing some time ago.

Matsukawa in a shock for words turns to the team and gives a culpable smile while rubbing the nape of his neck. "I should've just stayed quiet. I'm sorry."

"What are you apologizing to us for? You need to apologize to her, of course, give her some time, you said very harsh things to her, especially about her boyfriend right after she got dumped by him," Oikawa informs.

"So he did break up with her. Matsun, I don't know how you're going to dig yourself outta this situation with her but I pray for you," Hanamaki says to his friend.

"Also what did she mean by 'If I'm being truly honest, you were better before you became whatever you are now, I liked you better then.' thing?" Kindaichi asks the older male.

Matsukawa just stays silent, not revealing anything.

"Okay that's enough questions for the day, let's start practice we've already wasted thirty minutes, that— and if you count the twenty minutes you guys took in the club room, so fifty minutes wasted total. Meaning fifty servers with each arm," the captain says, clapping his hands together.

In response, the team just groans, finally starting their practice. All, except for Matsukawa who still sat at the bench, lost in his thoughts, pondering about your words. How was he supposed to make up for worsening your day? Of course, he didn't know about your boyfriend and was just trying to be cheeky, but as result got into this current sticky situation.

"Hey, don't think about it too much right now. Just practice today and think of an apology to say to her sometime this week since she'll probably avoid you," Hanamaki advises him, seeing how his friend is starting to stress out practically about to grow out grey hairs.

Matsukawa hums in response, standing up, as he joins the rest of the team, continuing their practice.

sorry for the long wait, but here's a new chapter for y'all!! next chapter will definitely be more interesting lol

sorry for the long wait, but here's a new chapter for y'all!! next chapter will definitely be more interesting lol. hope you guys enjoyed