Chapter 10

Jungkook couldn't wait for dinner to be over with, the uncomfortable silence coming from his twin and the prince was stifling. Not to mention the fact that Jimin would glare at her from time to time then look at him with what seemed like pity. Ji-Yu on the other hand wouldn't look at anyone, she kept her head down and quickly ate in silence.

Once everyone had their fill, Jungkook cleared the plates away and started to clean up the kitchen. Ji-Yu started to clean up the table, but Jimin stopped her and said he thought he could manage after having watched her earlier in the day and that she should rest. She couldn't make heads or tails of his facial expression, but she'd hoped it meant he was less upset with her.

Ji-Yu went to take a quick shower as the boys cleaned up, allowing the hot water to calm her nerves about her upcoming conversation with Jimin. She thought more about how much of the truth she should share, finding herself wanting to explain everything to him after the look he'd given her earlier. If he just understood, maybe they could go back to being friendly.

Freshly showered, Ji-Yu put on a clean bra, one of her night shirts, and a pair of her brothers sweats and heads back down stairs with her hair still wet, but combed out and loose in order to dry.. When she finds Jimin he's sitting alone on the couch. "Where's Koo?" She asks. Jimin looks over at her and lets out a sigh, leaning over and placing his elbows on his knees, eyes still on her.

"He's upstairs. He'd asked me if we had a fight and I told him that it was something like that and that we just needed a little time to talk." He answers. Ji-Yu feels her heart pounding. She knows her brother well enough to know he'll give them their space, but he'll want to check in with her later and she wasn't ready for that.

Jimin gestured for Ji-Yu to take a seat next to him and she did, taking a deep breath as her butt met the cushions. "I'm just going to listen, if I have any questions I'll ask at the end." Jimin told her, looking in front of him rather than over at her. Ji-Yu nodded to herself, playing with the drawstrings of her borrowed pants.

"I've always had a much better memory than my brother, I can still remember some of our life before we got in school. I still remember our first years, and furthermore I was home a lot more than he was when we were young. So he doesn't really remember Mr. Min-" She stopped short of her sentence due to hearing Jimin scoff at the mention of Yoongi's name.

She rolled her eyes, already feeling like he wasn't really listening and looked over at him. "Is there a problem?" She asked, annoyed. "Just strange for you to still call him Mr. Min when I know your dirty little secret. Don't you mean Oppa? Maybe Jaigiya?" He asks, sitting back into the cushions and placing his hands over his face.

Ji-Yu shakes her head and ignores him, continuing with what she was saying. "As far as Koo recalls, we met Mr. Min when we were 14 at our mothers funeral. Even then he barely recalls him being there, to him it's where he recognized his face from the first time he saw him here nearly two years later.

"The truth of the matter is, Mr. Min has been a constant for as long as I can remember. One of my earliest memories is him pushing me on a swing, though I have no idea where, we've never owned a swing set. For the first 14 years of my life, Mr. Min was someone I saw several times a week.

"His father was always busy with work, rarely spending any time with him. And Mrs. Min, well, Mrs. Min has never loved or cared about him. I'm not sure his father ever has either, but he at least cared about him taking over the family business when he got older. His parents knew he was here a lot, and for the most part they never really said anything.

"Our mother, she was the only one who ever treated him like a boy. He was welcome in our home whenever he pleased. She taught him how to cook, how to sew, even how to play piano. That's what our mother used to do before she passed, teach people to play. Koo wasn't happy when I told him I'd sold her piano to pay for rent.