17 | faceless.

17 | FACELESS

17 | FACELESS.

⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆ ✰ ⋆

Angel walked anxiously through the crowded airport. She rarely ever traveled, much less on a plane. She had only been on one vacation in her life years ago around the age of ten. Now being in a completely new area made her nervous. She couldn't wait to reach Nick and get out of there.

Nick had told her he'd be waiting outside her terminal in his car, but as she stood outside she found herself waiting alone. She watched as people loaded their luggage into their car and left, only for the next car to do the same. It was an endless cycle she watched for ten minutes until a black car pulled up, and Nick rushed out of the driver seat.

Angel nearly knocked him over with the force of her hug as she ran to him. After months apart Angel was extremely happy to be reunited with her best friend. Nick hugged her so tight she almost lost her breath.

"God I missed you!" Angel told him from the passenger seat as Nick drive away.

"I've missed you too. I'm really glad you agreed to fly out." Nick said. "We have so much to do!"

Nick began listing all of the things he had planned for them to do while she was in Florida. She wasn't even sure they'd have enough time to do it all. But she let him ramble on, enjoying how excited he seemed to be now that she was there.

He had driven Angel to her hotel, allowing her to check in and drop off her luggage. The two hung out for a bit in her room before leaving to get some food. Angel had arrived pretty early in Florida, leaving them the entire day to catch up. She told him everything he was missing back home over a quick meal.

"Has Justin tried reaching out to you again?" He asked.

Angel sat quietly, pushing around the food in front of her. She nodded sadly. Nick only sighed, rolling his eyes at the thought of Justin.

"He says he's sorry. That he's different now."

"Bullshit." Nick huffs.

Angel only shrugs, aiming to change the topic of the conversation.

"So what are we doing next?" Angel asks.

"We'll head over to my place. Maybe just hang out there." Nick tells her.

"But what about Clay?"

"He said he'd stay in his room."

"Maybe we can go somewhere else. I feel really bad. It's his house, and he should be able to be there comfortably." Angel said.