Chapter 16

Joe was wiped. We made a huge haul in tips from the drunkards, and a killing in sales. The place was a mess, so I sent him home early and I put on some music and took my anger out on cleaning. I went over the night's events over and over. I immensely regretted my actions.

I couldn't believe he left with her. I knew he was mad because I entertained Diesel, but I only did that as a defensive mechanism because I didn't understand why he would touch her, allow her to hang off of him, flirt with her and then leave with her? I get that we couldn't tell anyone about us, but there was no need to leave with her. Unless everything he told me was a lie.

My eyes welled with tears of anger at the thought. An hour or so later after the bar closed I was getting ready to head home, I'd have to walk because my ride chose to leave with another woman. A lump formed in my throat at the thought.

But before I could grab my shit and go there was a light knock at the door. I opened the peep hole and I saw Ben look up and into my soul, with guilt. My heart sank to my stomach. That looked indicated he probably fucked her, didn't he?!

"Nope not doing this Ben. Please go home and leave me alone." I called out through the closed door.

"Come on M, please let me in." He shifted outside and rolled his head back in frustration.

"No, fuck you!" I spat out.

"M, you want me to make a scene out here? Because I'll freak the fuck out if you don't let me in and let me talk to you." Based on his tone, I knew he was serious. Last thing I needed was the cops showing up because he was losing his shit all because I wouldn't hear him out.

I sighed and unlocked the door, he walked in and locked the door again. I stood behind the bar to keep distance between us, and to have plenty of ammo if I needed to throw something at his fucking head.

"It's not what it looked like." I scoffed at his explanation. Like that isn't the most cliched statement from anyone who got caught.

"Sure. I believe that," I said. His eyes watched me as I paced behind the bar. "because that's what you do, you talk to some tits Magee about your past sexual encounters with her, and feel each other up, and leave from a bar together, but you don't fuck. right." I said sarcastically, shaking my head.

"Hey, you led Diesel to believe he can actually get with you! What was that about?" He yelled out, slamming his hands on the bar.

"Don't change the subject Ben, you fucked her! What I said to Diesel he will forget. He was hammered. I didn't touch him, or leave with him. Plus, I did it to get back at you! You let that bitch feel you up all night." I yelled back and crossed my arms. "At least you didn't have to watch me touch him!"

"That's the problem! Now that he thinks he has a chance he's going to be ruthless, God damn it M! You don't know him. He's fucked! It's going to be so much harder for us to be together." He explained.

"Don't put this on me. You didn't have to allow her hands on you." I said in disgust.

"I didn't want people getting suspicious! I've fucked Shelley. Numerous times. And other girls for that matter and when these girls want to get laid, us single guys fuck them! That's what we do in this small town, we drink, we smoke and we fuck." He counted out on his fingers leaning on the bar.

"Exactly and you did so we're done here."

"I didn't fuck her M. I did in the past, because just like you, I have a past with other women, but I didn't fuck her tonight."

"Sure, like I believe you turned down the blonde hair, massive boobs and scantily clad bitch." I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, you should believe me, because all I did was leave with her and walk her home, to get her out of here to stop that nonsense. So the drama was kept more private. She freaked the fuck out when I said no. She would have caused a huge fucking scene here, and people would have questioned why I was giving up easy pussy." He said.