Chapter fiveteen

"You are an idiot, but I love you."

*

Dream walked past Nightmare as they tried to understand where they were going, the place started being empty and as cold as outside. It looked like a lost location who used to be a living and happy room. Nightmare's and baby Shattered room, just before Dream and Nightmare fell in love somewhat, a platonic relationship who started a long time ago and no one ever noticed about it, thinking it was just brother bonding.

It was his room after the accident and after he moved out in this place, his new house.
Nightmare opened a door made of wood who creak and almost fell off.

"Why are we here Nightmare ?" Dream asked him, still confused. Nightmare sit down on the bed and invited Dream to do the same. They looked down and saw a bunch of box full of paper and sort of accessories, Dream couldn't really tell from looking at it because it didn't had enough light.

"You should open the light Night." Dream said as they looked at him in the dark, they didn't had a bad vision but they were quite old and time did it's work.

"There's such a good vibe without light don't you think ?" Dream was about to talk but they stay quiet and just shocked their head.
Nightmare got up and like the last time he took a box out from under the closet and brought it to Dream.

Dream asked him what was inside, they tried to open the box but Nightmare didn't let them be able to he took their hand out of it before they could even open the package.

"Wait five second and keep your hands away."
Nightmare said, he left the box closed not wanting to open it for the moment, he looked at Dream who impatiently wanted him to see the contents inside.

"Why do I have to wait, did you hide drugs innit ?" They asked, too excited to wait.

"What ? No ! I wouldn't hide it here anyway, I just want to you show something and if I let you the box you are gonna keep it for yourself and never give it back." Dream rolled their eyes, staring at the box.

"Wait, what did you say about the drugs ?"
Dream asked, they looked at Nightmare who finally opened the box on his bed and took out something from it.

"Look at that and don't ask stupid question."
Dream rolled their eyes as they took in their hand what Nightmare handed them,

"Is it what I'm thinking it is ?"
Nightmare shocked his head.

"Shattered and baby you cloth, you barely saw him when he was just a baby because you were scared about a tone of things and Cross was the one who took care of him, I don't know how both of them survived to be honest."
Dream giggled, they hold the little cloth in their hand, smiling.

"I'm quite upset that we didn't spend a lot of time all together, now he is an adult and we barely talk, it's too late,  ?"
Nightmare shrugged not knowing what to say to his partner.

Dream put down the cloth and closed the box, they got up and started walking away, starting to feel somewhat bad, they preferred to leave then stayed straight looking at the wall. Nightmare got up and started to follow his partner, he took Dream's arm to make them stay. "What's happening Dream ?"  They looked at Nightmare and punched him gently to free their arm.

"Nothing ! Please leave me alone, I need sometime to think."

"I won't leave you, you are as stupid as me, you are able to do shit when I'm not here." Dream didn't say a word, they stayed in front of the door, completely lifeless.

Dream started sniffing.
"Are you really gonna cry ?"

"No I'm not, I'm just..cold ?" Nightmare rolled his eyes once again. "You never cried in centuries, don't cry now for something that stupid, it's just clothes." Dream shook his head, upset.

"It's not that, I just miss everything I've missed, we never spend a family bounding nor did anything only together, I don't want to be just your friend Night, you make me feel like I'm not enough."  Nightmare took Dream in his arms and caressed his back.

"Dream, this is no sense, you should calm down and then we'll talk about it, alright ?" Dream nod, they tried to keep their tears contained in their eyes but it was too hard to resist.

"Do you want to cry ?" He asked, rubbing his head. Dream looked at him, already crying, silently. "Oh hum my bad, it was too late to ask I guess." They giggled. "How can Dream still look adorable and laugh when they are crying?" Nightmare asked himself, desperate by Dream positivity.

Nightmare point of view :

Dream rubbed their tears as they smirked looking at me, it feel like they never started to cry and it was just a dream I had. They put their hand in front of my face, putting their other hand on my waist to pull me closer to them.

"Are you thinking about what just happened ?" How come he knows that? It surely seems easy to understand that after all.

"I know you well, that's why, it's been centuries that we are together in anyway possible.

"Touché.." Dream giggled, running their small hand through my hair. "Hey Dream." They took their hand away and stared into my eyes. They  hummed. "Hum ?"

Someone was right behind the door, I couldn't see them clearly but I saw them hiding, they weren't alone, what are they doing here ? And for how long have they been staring at us ?

"Do not move, I'm going outside to see what's going on." Dream turned around and their blood swirled. "Wait, is that Ink ?" I looked at Dream who didn't listened to me and opened the door. I didn't bother to follow them, I waited inside.

Dream point of view :

I walked to Ink and saw the other lying on the grass, they all seemed annoyed or maybe upset to be here, Ink surely forced them to come here.

Ink got up from his hidden spot, he walked to me a smile across his face. "Hey haha Dream, didn't see you there ! That's so funny that we met by accident." Ink is such a bad liar but I can't really blame him for that.

"Do you need something Ink ? You seem stressed." He looked at the other then looked back at me. "Me ? Nah, don't worry I'm just hanging out with the boys." Swap and Killer rolled their eyes. "Don't forget my money." Killer complained, he hadn't come of his own free will I guess. "Were you spying me ?" They surely didn't realized that I was with Nightmare, it's better to not tell anyone that he is also here with me.

"...Well, hum yeah ? Sorry, we just wanted to know what were you going ! Is Nightmare with you ?" This question finally came I murmured to myself. "He went to Science, he needed to get something important." If I could make him pay for making me lie just to not get in a embarrassing situation I would have, but lying and getting revenge are both not great things to do, it's better to stay calm.

And then Ink leaved with his two new 'friends' they all seemed desperate and I couldn't really understand. Nightmare came right next to me, hand in his pocket. "They are really annoying." I looked back at him and sigh. "You know what's annoying ?" He raised his shoulder. "The fact that I had to lie for you." Nightmare rolled his eyes. "Come on, you never make people regret things they have done, why is it always about me ?"

I laughed. "You are an idiot Night, you know that ?" He stood in front of me and took my waist, hugging me tightly against his chest. "Yes but I'm the best idiot you've ever met."

"That's true, you are my idiot.. and I love you."