A desperate decision

'No hospital. Too dangerous. What does she mean?' Thought Peter as he swung with Sable in tow.

'She looks pretty bad, but I need find somewhere to take her or she'll bleed out' Peter thought about where he could take her. FEAST was an option but they didn't handle this level of care, in his case he had Dr Michaels there but he left after Devils Breath was resolved.

"I need to find somewhere safe for you cause trying to swing and think about how to save your life are very distracting" Peter said to the unconscious Sable.

'I guess I've got no choice to bring her to my apartment, or MJ's apartment really. Man I hope MJ doesn't mind, ugh... she'll probably kill me." Peter lamented his poor choices.

A few moments later

Peter made it back to MJ's apartment and laid Sable across his bed. "Okay Sable we're safe now. Sable?... can you hear me?" Peter asks worryingly.

Sable begins to stir after a few silent moments that felt like an eternity for Peter. "Mmmm, where... am... I? Sable asks weakly. "Sp-Spider-Man?"

"Yea, Sable it's me. You're safe but I need to check your wounds, see what I'm dealing with okay." Peter says trying to comfort her and only receiving a pained groan of approval.

Peter slowly worked the shirt and vest up from Sables body trying to get a closer look at the wound, and what he sees makes him wince a bit. A large gash is going across the left side of her body and is bleeding badly.

Taking a note from his previous stupid decisions he uses his webs to keep the wound closed and prevent further bleeding.

After a few minutes of looking over her Peter notes that the only major wound is the now webbed up gash and that she has suffered only minor scrapes and bruises, not sure whether or not to consider that lucky.

Knowing Sable needs medical attention hasn't faulted on Peters mind but she was clear on no hospitals. Which is something that he himself recognises but their circumstances are different, his healing factor gives him better odds of survival and recovery from his injuries and when he is in hospital he bails immediately after wakes up.

Sables pained groans continue and it makes Peter extremely nervous and desperate, so much so that he thinks that there may be an option of helping her but he doesn't even know if it'll work.

Taking a moment to look at Sable, someone who helped him fight Hammerhead and even helped him after getting beat by Octavius and respecting his own wishes of not going to a hospital, he picks up his phone and calls Miles.

"Hey Pete, what's up?" Miles answered after picking up the call.

"Miles I need you. Right now. MJ's apartment. Hurry." Was all that Peter said.

"Alright, no problem man, be there in a few." Miles replied.

Knowing that his protégé is on route Peter begins contemplating the choice he's about to make.

'This may not even work, what if we're not compatible, could she get worse because of it." Peters mind is running a million miles a minute and every possible outcome is getting worse and worse.

Peter was so deep in contemplation that he failed to register Miles' presence and the gentle nudge he gives him slightly startled him.

"Hey Pete, what's going on?" Miles gets Peters attention.

"Miles, thank god your here. Listen I need you to look after Sable for a moment. I need to get to my old lab and pick up a few things." Peter begs Miles.

Miles' stiffens at hearing what his mentor is asking him. "Dude are you serious." Miles looks over at the laid out Sable on the bed. "She absolutely terrifies me man, don't leave me alone here."

Peter looks at Miles almost dismissively at his request. "Miles come on she's barely conscious right now. I need to get to the lab and come back as quickly as possible."

Without a second thought or waiting to hear miles response Peter quickly jumps out the window and swings in the direction of his former lab.

Once inside old memories of good times past flood Peters mind, a place where great ideas and theories were hypothesised over cups of coffee. A place were great inventions for the future and betterment of everyone would have been made.

Shaking himself from his saddened state Peter begins to grab syringes and the labs first aid kit to help tend to Sables other wounds.

Taking one last look at the once joyful place Peter closes the door with a somber smile.

Peter makes his way back to the apartment with the equipment in tow, thinking about Sable and hoping that 'this' was going to work. Otherwise he was going to lose her.

After apologising to Miles for ditching him with an injured and barely conscious Sable the younger hero leaves, not wishing to be around should she wake up.

Peter takes out one of the syringes and begins drawing blood from his arm, taking a moment to observe the red liquid filling up and looking back at Sable, Peter hardens his resolve and pushes the feeling of unease out of his mind.

'This has to work. No. This is going t work. I won't let you die Sable."

Taking the now filled syringe and gently hovering over Sables arm the last possible worries of a direct blood to blood transfusion without knowing their compatibility are washed away as the needle sinks into her arm. And with a light push the blood makes its way into her blood stream.

"Alright now to patch the rest of you up. And to see whether or not this actually worked." Peter says lightly, not wishing to bring his Parker lick into the dire situation.

Taking out the first aid kit he took from the lab Peter begins treating Sables other minor injuries and patiently waits for her recovery.

Praying it takes effect soon.

(Alright second Chapter done, hope you enjoyed)

(Leave a comment on what you think so far or where you think the story's headed. Genuinely curious)