25. Time's Up

Thanks for the orgasms.

"What the actual fuck?" I crumple the paper up but hold it to my chest.

She really did it – she actually fucking left me after giving me the best sex of my life... The best and unprotected sex of my life

I frown.

I should have known that she would desert me like this. I have always been destined to be alone. I don't know why I ever thought I was worthy of everlasting love. Looking back, it is a wonder she put up with me and my shit for so long.

The longer the sharp edges of the crumpled-up edges of the note dig into my fingers, the colder I feel my heart become. I am nearly ashamed to admit that despite all my hurt, I do not harbor any ill feelings towards my Angel.

I could never hate her.

My chest burns and it fucking hurts to breathe. All I can do is pathetically stare at the intricate swirls lining the ceiling and accept the fact that I have lost the love of my life and the kid I never thought I would come to care for as much I do for Mat. I think about my mother and how disappointed she would be if she could see me now – weak and heartbroken. She only ever asked me to do this one thing for her, and even still I could not get it right.

Burying my face in the pillow next to mine, I hug it as tightly as I can and thank God that Bayede's scent still laces the material thickly. It really calms me and opens up my mind.

I start thinking more rationally than I have in a long time.

I could waste time worrying about their well-being now but I know my Angel is a bright girl. She will go into hiding where nobody will find her and the boy. What she needs from me right now is to permanently eradicate the threat from their lives.

I can still protect her.

I wonder if Bayede will ever know that the events about to unfold are all because of her. I will flip the world over if it guarantees her safety and that fact will never change – whether she is by my side or not holds no relevance.

[Akihiro Zhou]

09:13

Time's up.

I'm done fucking around. Now is the time to shed blood and take what's mine.