Chapter 14: A Song Written Easily

♤ "𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐈 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐳𝐞 𝐰𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝,
𝐒𝐨 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝
𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝,"

"𝐁𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲
𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐚𝐲
𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲,"

- 𝐋𝐏, 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫. ♤

 ♤

16:20pm
May 17th
Hyosan high-school,
Music room, third floor

It's been ten or so minutes and the silence was thick around the room. Suhyeok had walked towards the further side of the room and took three seats, offering two to Mi-Ra and Nam-Ra and taking one for himself. He sat opposite of the two sisters, his back towards the windows while Mi-Ra and Nam-Ra sat facing the windows, their backs to the rest of the group as they moved to sit near the first door, in front of the storage room. Wu-Jin was leaning on a drawer at the wall, Cheong-San sat with his back to the windows, Gyeong-Su sat next to him, On-Jo's back was facing Mi-Ra, Nam-Ra and Suhyeok, Dae-Su was sitting near Wu-Jin with his head on top of Joon-Yeong's knee, Ji-Min next to him and Hyo-Ryung next to Ji-Min, taking glances back at the three on the far end.

"It's gonna be okay." Mi-Ra heard On-Jo say.

Her highened hearing allowed her to listen to the conversation the group was having and since Mi-Ra didn't know how they were feeling about the whole situation for Mi-Ra and Nam-Ra to stay, Mi-Ra was eager to over hear them.

"Ya, if the two are immune, does that mean they are okay even if they get bitten?" Asked Dae-Su.

"Probably." Said Joon-Yeong.

"Oh, shit. That's not fair." Complained Dae-Su but Mi-Ra heard no hatred in his voice.

"They still have zombie blood in their veins." Ji-Min said.

"They aren't completely zombies." Dae-Su said. "Half-bies?" Asked the boy confusedly.

Mi-Ra laughed, shaking her head. She looked down at her hands as Suhyeok and Nam-Ra sent her confused glances. Mi-Ra only told Nam-Ra to wait longer to understand while Suhyeok's look of confusion only increased at Mi-Ra's strange statement.

"What's a half-bie?" Asked Hyo-Ryung.

"Short for half zombie?" Asked Dae-Su as if he, himself didn't know the answer even though he was the one coming up with it.