Chapter 2

Azia

"You cannot keep missing classes Theo." I hiss over the line, tugging my clothes over my body, already late for work since my alarm didn't go off this morning and unfortunately I had no back ups, nor was I a freaking early bird.

So i'd overslept.

He huffs on the other side as if he doesn't understand what my fuss is all about even if Im literally telling him what my fuss was about. Men.

"Im trying to but Im so tired in the morning Azia."

I almost snort. Because I was clearly the same, maybe it was genetic or something. "You're a seventeen year old in a fancy boarding private school, just walk to class and sleep in there, sit at the back, I don't care, just do it, put your bag in front of your face and sleep, okay?" I advise him frantically, putting my hair into the usual tight low bun when I had no idea on what else to do with my curls this time of the morning.

It was not wash day, I think... but its okay. Tomorrow was a new day and I could do it then, yep, great, fabulous, fantastic.

"Wheres Micah?" I ask him as I walk through the hallway, using one hand to pull my ballet black work flats over my feet covered by the sheer tights that all the waitresses were required to wear.

"Asleep."

Liar. "Don't lie on your brother Theodore." I say, because I knew them all like the back of my hand.

Micah was the most responsible one between the triplets, and Jane was a close second, but Theo? Theo was an absolute menace in every way humanly possible.

He sounds exasperated when he speaks, "Theodore? Is this really that bad or do you also think you're being kinda dramatic?"

I try to hold in my sigh, but I'm much too tired and just let it out, holding my keys to my chest when Im by the door I speak, "Yes Theodore, its actually that bad, I need you in school, I need you to have a proper education, I need you not to get freaking kicked out of that place too." I really did need him to stay right where he was until graduation which wasn't too far since these kids just kept freaking growing apparently.

"You have a diploma in business but you're working as a waitress, education is weird."

I hum at that logic because truth was, the real world was hard as hell to maneuver around, nothing was as easy as he thought it was, hell nothing was as easy as I thought it would be, it was actually one hundred and fifty times harder.

"Because its harder to get jobs with a diploma rather than a degree, Im struggling for one here." I tell him the last bit in a joke manner, but we both know its actually not a joke. Its the truth disguised as a joke.

The two boys of the triplets were somehow freakishly smart, Theo in coding and all things technological based, of course, since he gets in trouble when being on his phone in class almost every minute of the day.

And Micah at english and all things to do with memorizing.

Jane was freakishly athletic, but she focused on track, and so all three had acquired scholarships to a good private boarding school up near Boston, but in order to keep those scholarships, they had to keep their grades up and while doing so attend their after school shit too and to do that, they'd have to keep all their class attendance up.