Chapter VII - Chronic Bronchitis

Lienne looked down at her shopping list and sighed. What a way to spend a Tuesday, she thought miserably. There was no school for her since her school break had just started - it was just that the Academy of Gentlemen didn't have the same curriculum.

"Eggs, eggs, eggs." She repeated to herself, as if it was a mantra to herself.

Then she heard someone violently coughing in the aisle next to her, followed by a scream. Many had turned their heads, some even running over to find out what happened.

Lienne held on tightly to her shopping list and tightened her scarf a little more. She turned around the aisle and saw a young man doubling over and coughing excessively, there was a boy her age trying to help the man, but he kept coughing emptily - Lienne was worried that he was about to vomit.

But to her surprise, no one helped the boy and that young man. They all just watched - as if it were some freak show. Lienne also stood there - feeling wrong to not help, she stepped forward hesitantly. "A-are... Is he okay?" She asked the boy.

He shook his head, "I don't know." His voice cracked.

"Can you tell me what's wrong?" Lienne asked softly, the two must've been relatives.

"H-he... He's sick and he's just been released from the hospital and I don't know what to do, I wish mom was here." The boy sounded like he was close to tears.

"He's been admitted to hospital before?" Lienne asked, curious about what for, "I'll go call the ambulance right away," But before she could get out her phone, the boy grabbed her wrist frantically almost desperately.

"Please..." He started, tears forming in his eyes, "I don't want to lose my brother again."

"You won't if we call the ambulance." Then Lienne put her hand on his hand reassuringly, "He won't die."

The boy shook his head and his raven hair shifted, "No... I don't mean it like that. We only just got back together as a family... I don't want him to go to the hospital again..."

Lienne was touched - she, too, wanted her family back together. Karry, Roy, Jackson and her, together and laughing. She smiled at him, "I understand, I'll take you back to my home and we'll try everything we can to make him better, I'll call some of my friends."

The boy relaxed and managed to smile weakly at her, he fell to his knees and hugged his brother, telling him it was going to be alright.

Lienne put the young man's arm around her and the boy followed her example, they tried to hobble back to her house.

Lienne got her phone out and dialed Roy's phone - since she knew he would be on his phone checking Weibo.

After two rings, Roy picked up, "What's up, Lienne?"

"Roy, is Karry, Jackson and Yeol there?" She asked frantically.

Roy seemed to notice the shakiness of her voice because he paused, "Yeah, why?"

"Please..." She started, she looked at the unconscious man, "Please, Roy. Tell them all to come to my house."

"Lienne," He said softly, "You know we can't do that, we're at school."

"Roy, this is an emergency!" She almost shrieked into the phone.

There was a pause again, a long one,

Lienne held her breath,

"We'll be there in five minutes," Then Roy hesitated, "Hang in there, okay?"

With a click the line went dead.

The boy looked at her with worry, almost depending on her.