E is for everything

December 20th 2020
Age: 18
Rosalie Gutierrez

"Rosalie, hurry up! We'll be late!" My best friend Amanda practically screams from the other room.

"I'm ready and waiting for you at the door, Ama." She walks out of our shared bathroom with a skin tight black dress, knee high brown boots and a long leather brown jacket on. I look at her amazed that she was able to look this good in twenty minutes.

"I know you aren't going like that." She says as she looks me up and down; she rolls her eyes and pulls me to her room as I look down at my hoodie and jeans. It's the middle of winter and it's snowing, I don't know how she does it.

"We live in England, it's too cold to wear anything else." She gestures to her outfit and turns around to her closet where she looks for a "decent" outfit that is up to her standards. She pulls out a knee high green dress with a thigh slit, it's tight and I don't do tight. I look at her with a knowing look and she gives me a smile.

"Just try it on, and if you don't like it then I'll pick something else, promise." I give her a nod, grab the dress and go to the bathroom to try it on. I look in the mirror, it's not as tight as I thought but it doesn't do much for my body type. I have a bigger build with a stomach pooch, no hips, broad shoulders and no thigh gap. I look at myself, smoothing down the dress and pulling at it slightly to see how it would look from a different angle. I walk out of the bathroom with the dress in hand, I lay it back on the bed.

"Not for me. We're gonna be late if you don't just let me wear this." I say looking at Amanda. Oh Amanda, with her perfect toned body, perfect butt, perfect flat stomach, perfect nose and perfect...well perfect everything. She looks at me and rolls her eyes.

"Fine, but you're not coming home tonight." She winks at me as I groan and stand. I'm from Texas and she's from England, we're basically polar opposites but she's my best friend here. It's my sophomore year and her junior year, she's been dragging me everywhere, people are so different here from back home. Everywhere I go there are pretty, skinny white girls with straight brunette hair and blue eyes. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, it's just I'm not like them. First off I'm Mexican, Puerto Rican and Black, with a darker complexion, curly hair and dark brown eyes, and nowhere near skinny, there's no representation here for me.

"Rose, we're here. Get out of your head for once and try to have fun!" Amanda says as she parks her car in front of a huge house."