GUILTY (5/5) || 13

december 21; 14:55 hrs

"what was noah trying to do that you thought of attacking him with a knife?" han asks, not minding the child being scared in front of him.

"i didn't..." aera says softly, "he had an injection and he putting it on me, i was getting away from him..."

"he had an injection?" han frowns, "are you sure? because the police didn't find anything like that from him. please don't lie, aera, you can be punished for lying in the court."

"i'm not lying..." aera looks over to jungkook who nods in assurance.

"i'm standing here! look at me and talk!" han raises his voice.

"objection your honor! he cannot raise his voice! i urge the prosecution to respect certain limits. the witness is a child and ought to be treated like one!" jungkook voices out, standing by the witness stand as aera starts crying from the harsh encounter. meanwhile jimin and the rest glare at the man who dared to treat their princess like that and raise his voice at her.

"sustained, prosecution is warned."

"i'm sorry, my lord." han bows apologetically to the court. he then turns to aera again, "so according to you he had an injection? where did it go then?"

"i don't know..."

"and what about the knife? you had it last when everyone saw, what were you doing with it?"

"he took it and hurted himself..."

han laughs at the words and shakes his head, "so you're saying noah came to hurt you, then grabs a knife and ends up killing himself? that's absurd, who taught you that story?"

"mr han, if you're done, can i proceed with the cross examination?" jungkook rolls his eyes at the man who glares ar him but nods anyway. the former faces aera and smiles softly, "don't cry, he's not doing anything."

"he's so bad..."

han pretends not to hear that from the kid, and jungkook clears his throat, deciding to ignore the little complain, "anyway, so you just said noah had an injection with him. do you know what it was for?"

"no, he came to me said something... i don't know, then he was going to put it on me."

"means he was going to inject whatever it had into you?" aera nods to answer his question, "words, aera."

"yes,"

"ah i see, do you remember what he said?"

"no, he was talking weird... but- but he said something like money and he wan'ed to deal..."

jungkook stares at her arching a brow subtly and aera nods, letting him know that she's telling the truth. he nods and proceeds further, "so when he was trying to inject you, what did you do?"