S I X

Siddharth's POV

My head is throbbing like hell
"Avneet. I called out for her.
"Avn-I was going to call her again when I realised that she isn't here anymore.

I entered kitchen and started making green tea for me. I hope this helps my headache!
I didn't get even a minutes sleep last night. I just kept thinking about her.
Why did she never complain?
I was trying to find the answer to this question the whole night.
I mean, her complaining to me, whining to me, irritating me was better than her leaving me.

But why do I feel this way?

Get out of it dude! Shaking all her thoughts away I took my green tea and sat at the dining table.

Usually, she would be sitting there across me while glaring at me because obviously I would be busy doing something work related.

She's getting into in my head! I got out of my thoughts and realised that my phone was ringing. I had 3 missed calls.

I was too lost it seems. I called back Ranvir, my assistant.

"Sir, you have a meeting in 15 mins." He said.

"I know." I said or let's say yelled at him and hung up. At the first sip of my green tea I felt like puking

First of all, because of her I've got this weird habit of drinking green tea and now what am I supposed to do?

I just kept the cup back and left for office in a grumpy mood.

I entered the office and everyone stood up wishing good morning and nodding at them I entered the lift.

I entered the conference room and the presentation started. During the whole presentation my eyes were fixed on my phone. I she really not going to call me?
Not even once?

First time in all these years I was not paying attention on what was going on in the meeting because I had no mood to.

I never thought that my day would be this bland just because I didn't get to see her this morning. I left the conference room and ordered Ranvir,
"Get me green tea."

He looked at me as if I asked for his kidneys. "What? Is it too difficult to understand? Green tea. Should I spell it for you?" I asked irritated and left for my cabin.

He entered my cabin and kept a cup on my table while his hands were shivering.

"What's wrong?" I asked him frowning.

"Sir, actually I didn't know which green tea do you like. So, I just got the lemon honey one." He said and I nodded.

That is why he was shocked. I've never asked him for green tea in all these years. Usually, I have it once in the morning which is obviously made by Avneet and then my day goes well. Avneet!
Avneet!
Avneet!
Why is she on my mind 24/7?

Shaking my thoughts away I drank the green tea and it was not even close to what I drank everyday. Seems like I'll have to be grumpy everyday now!

While I was working. Vaishnavi entered my office with the designs she had for our new collection.

"Everyone is been talking around how you are more irritated, grumpy compared to everyday." She said and I just rolled my eyes at her.

"You know the reason." I said and again looked at my phone.

This is the 100th time I am looking at my phone, maybe.

"Everyday you wouldn't pick up her calls and now you're waiting for one? Surprising." She said and left.

That hit me hard!

She is right. I ignored her to no extent while she was ready to give up everything for me and now when she is left I want her to call me.

I sighed frustratedly.

Maybe, I was just habituated to I'll get over her in a few days. her.

I reached home and sighed sitting on the couch.

Worst day of my life!

I got up and walked towards my room when my eyes fell on Avneet's room which was beside mine. Unconsciously, I walked towards her room and unlocked the door.

Her sweet fragrance was still locked in this room as if she is still here. I remembered her always complaining to me, My room is just beside yours, but you never have time to even come wish me good night before going to sleep!

I walked further and my eyes landed on the wall behind her bed which had numerous photo frames of us.

(The lines in Italics are Avneet's words which Siddharth remembers)

I took out one of it and caressed it. Siddharth, you forgot again! I told you to get me an ice cream tub.

You shouldn't overwork yourself. You just keep on tiring yourself.

I just want you to be happy. If you're happy, I'm happy.
Arrghhh! Working on a weekend?

My robotic boyfriend, atleast give me a small smile.

Her voice kept on echoing in my head. All the time she just wanted me to be happy irrespective of the fact that I wasn't treating her right. I chuckled remembering all her talks.

I never knew you hold this important place in my life.

I remembered her words,

I am leaving you.

What right did you do, Mr. Siddharth Nigam? From tomorrow there would be no calls to irritate you.

I hope I would be succesful in removing her out of my mind.

At every corner of this home, I find her smiling at me.

When I enter the kitchen I found her cooking my favourite because I had a bad day.

When I enter the living room, I find her sleeping on the couch waiting for me to get home.

She was right.

What right did I do? Nothing!