𝙤𝙣𝙚

𝙒𝙃𝙀𝙍𝙀 𝘼𝙍𝙀 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝙎𝙐𝙉𝙁𝙇𝙊𝙒𝙀𝙍 𝙁𝙄𝙀𝙇𝘿𝙎?

[name] groaned for the umpteenth time with no progress from reading books about photography that she borrowed from the library. there's a picture that her junior, mitsuba wanted her to take a picture—something related to sunflowers because that's what the club leader told them to.

"i give up..." [name] bumped her head against the table in utter frustration. she's been staring at the picture of the clouds scattered across the blue sky with sunflower fields on the book. "can't mitsuba do this for himself instead?"

though [name] was charmed by the scenery, as if it was frozen in time during the summer. she felt the cool breeze hitting her skin just by looking at the picture alone. "heya [name]~!"

amane yugi enters the classroom and spotted his bestfriend reading by herself. "you've been staring at that book for a while now, is there something bothering you?" he asked.

"it's nothing, mitsuba made a request to take a photograph of sunflowers, something like this." [name] handed amane the open page of the photo that she was staring at for minutes.

"whoa, this looks pretty..." amane grinned at the photo of the sunflower fields, the title of the photograph caught his eye. "the cumulonimbus clouds against the blue sky, looking over a field of sunflowers."

"you think so?" [name] sighed with a small smile, dragging her finger across the platform as she started to explain her problem. "i wanted to go there by myself but i couldn't really find the location, not to mention it cannot be reached by train."

"i also wanted someone to go with me so that i wouldn't get bored." [name] added with a sweat-dropped expression. "but nene and aoi seemed busy so i couldn't really ask them. mitsuba has plans with minamoto-kun, i can't seem to ask him knowing i'll tease him about it."

'maybe i can go with her...' amane agreed that the sunflower fields looked beautiful, [name] planned to go but then she didn't know whether it would be worth it if she couldn't find it—it's best to come along with her, at least she wouldn't feel lonely. "what if i go with you? i don't have plans tomorrow so maybe we can go together, just the two of us?"

[name]'s eyes widen with a blush. "just the two of us...?" she mumbled.

"i-i mean! if you want to add some people i don't mind!" amane nervously waves his hands, his face turning red as a strawberry—it's like he's asking her out on a date.

"no!" [name] raised her palm to stop him from talking. "i prefer going with you..." she admitted. besides, she has no one to ask if they could go see the sunflower fields and amane is willing to go with her. so why not?

"i don't have plans tomorrow as well, amane-kun." [name] takes the book from him and closed it so that she could bring it home to investigate. "we can go look for the sunflower fields together."

"for sure." amane's amber eyes sparkled like stars in excitement. "the sunflowers in the picture are quite big—you can literally feel the summer breeze even if you're not there."

"those are rare sunflowers that grow in this season—which is why i wanted to take a picture of it, and for mitsuba." [name] had no choice but to accept mitsuba's request, it was sweet for her to do so considering that they have a chaotic senpai-kouhai dynamic. "okay, that settles it."

"let's meet up by the train station tomorrow morning, a clear sky during the afternoon is nice to take pictures of the sunflower fields." amane remarked. "or do you want me to pick you up by your house?"

[name] paused to think about it for a while. for some reason this feels like a date, the picking the girl up by her house trope would make it seem like they're in a relationship—it's kind of cliche if [name] was the one who has to walk her way to the train station to meet up with amane. it's fine, after all, it's just the two of them.

amane arrived quite early than [name] did, he was already waiting by the train station around eight o'clock in the morning. he was wearing a white t-shirt underneath with an unbuttoned blue long sleeved shirt, a pair of jeans and white fila sneakers. amane was busy scrolling through his phone to check for some interesting stuffs on the internet.

"sorry for keeping you waiting, amane-kun!"

amane lifted his head up as a gasp escaped from his lips. [name] was wearing a blue off shoulder top with ruffles, a white skirt that was patterned with small sunflowers which was fastened by a brown belt around her waist and sandals with blue ribbons wrapped around her ankles. "it doesn't look weird, right...?" [name] asked while putting a fistful of hair to hide her face.

"n-no, you look really pretty today." amane complimented with a shy smile.

"you look handsome too, amane-kun." both teens ended up blushing after giving each other's compliments. amane cleared his throat to break the silence as he pointed towards the glass booth.

"let's get our tickets..."