6 - home

Stepping off the Hogwarts express, Gwyneth gave Cedric, James, and Tris tight hugs and quick goodbyes.  All the little hufflepuffs were extremely excited for their Christmas break.  After all, this first semester at hogwarts was the longest any of them had ever been away from home.

Now alone, Gwyneth stood on her tiptoes, trying to see around the thick crowd for any of her family members. She couldn't see anything.  Just people and more people. Tall strangers created blockades all around her.

A girl bumped into her,  causing Gwyneth to almost fall over from being on her toes.  "Sorry." The girl in Ravenclaw blue said over her shoulder.  Gwyneth folded her arms tightly over her chest as she looked around,  her breath caught in her throat.  She'll never find anyone in this.

"Gwynie!" A voice called out behind her.  Sudd enly smiling. Gwyneth turned to see Maron making his way through the crowd.  "This way.  They're over here." Her brother took her hand and led her through the crowd. The worry and anxiety that had just begun to wrap its claws around her throat vanished the eecond her hnd had disappeared into his much larger one.

She was with Maron. She was safe.  With her other hand, Gwyneth hugged his arm,  holding close to him.  Maron smiled and said goodbyes to almost every Slytherin and Ravenclaw they passed.  Gwyneth smiled slightly at his warmth and cheer.  Eslanda had teased Maron about how popular he is, and a man slut on top of it.  Although Gwyneth didn't exactly know what the second part meant, she knew her sister hadn't been wrong about how popular he is.

She'd seen it during her short time at Hogwarts. Whenever he'd spot her and come over to say hi Maron would first have to detach himself from his throng of admirers.  But she couldn't blame anyone for loving her brother,  he's the best after all.

Kind, brilliant, always smiling, and afraid of nothing. Maron is everything Gwyneth wishes she is. Except popular, he can have that. It looks utterly exhausting.

Once they broke away from the crowd Gwyneth beamed. Standing next to the brick wall was her sister, all of their luggage, along with the rest of her family. "Dad!" Gwyneth cherred.

Ripping away from a laughing Maron Gwneth ran the last few steps and flung herself into her father's waiting arms.

"OOoohff. Hi Gwynie, I missed you too sweetheart." She could hear the smile in his voice as Gwyneth burried her face into his chest. Her father is a tall man. Stocky unlike Maron who had a beater's build of broad, strong shoulders.

Their father was tall, and skinny. With blonde hair that had long turned a mousey brown, and old metal glasses that sat on a long thin nose.

"What am I, pickled liver?" An old, withered voice said next to them.

Gwyneth pulled back far enoguh to look over at the aged, hunched version of her father. "Grandpa!" She hugged him just as fiercely, but in a gentle way. She feared she'd nock him over. "I didn't expect you to come."

His frail arms held her with a tightness one wouldn't think possible from the looks of the old man. "And be parted from my favorite grandchild a second longer? I couldn't stand the thought."

"Hey!" Esanda and Maron yelled in unison.
Gwyneth could feel her cheeks turning a bright red.

Their father shook his head as he took hold of the cart holding all three trunks. "Let's go home."

Eslanda, carrying their owl's cage, led the way to the platform exit. They passed a large family of red heads. The Weasles. One of the twins accidentally made eye contact with her and waved. Gwyneth smiled back. Their family looked as lively and happy as hers. Okay, maybe a little more rowdy. But still, as happy and loving, it must be nice to have so many brothers. She'd love to have another Maron.

Gwyneth happily skipped along. One hand in her grandpa's the other holding onto Maron's. She couldn't be happier.