2 - A Piece of Memory

The sky was tar-black and the large clouds were moving towards me. I heard a tapping and then it became a pitter-patter, clouds spat out their beads of water. Puddles began plinking as the rainfall became heavier. The trees danced and I could hear the murmuring of the rain through the ground. It sounded like the buzzing of angry bees.

"Capture her! Don't let her get away!" a man shouted.

I exhale heavily, I run faster than I ever could do. A group of men was chasing me rapidly, my heart's beating faster and faster.. I slowly stopped running from exhaustion, I look around realizing that there was no way to go now.
I'm in the middle of the edge of the cliff, It's now over.

"It's over now, 0̵̭̤̠̭̲̺͝0̵̺͎̗̮̓̌͐0̷̙̗̼͙͚͌͆0. One more step, you're lost!"

My hands are shaking, a cold shiver ran down my spine as cold sweat trickled down the side of my forehead. The mysterious figure started walking towards me, I was frightened. I tried to find a way to get away, I looked everywhere in my surroundings. I saw a baton on the ground, If only I can get it.. I can use it against them. I look again at the mysterious man with a black raincoat and a black hat, he grabs my hand forcefully.. He was strong but I kicked him in the stomach.

"Augh!" he groans.

I sprinted to the side where the baton is.. I was about to get it but-
I heard someone pull the lever. Gunfire.. A bullet went straight through the side of my ears. To my surprise, I carelessly slipped in the side of the edge that made me fall off the cliff.

I shred tears while I was falling down, I felt my body floating in the sky until my back hit the surface. A splash of water, bubbles everywhere. I can't breathe.. I didn't feel anything anymore, I.. I drown deep in the ocean.

"Is this the end of me?" 
.
.
.
.
.
.

I wake up suddenly, though my eyes are wide open, I can't think of why; my heart is pounding, my mind is empty. I can't breathe properly.. I breathe deeply to calm myself. It was a nightmare. What was it all about? A dream... a.. memory? 

I'm still at the hospital, laying alone on my bed. I looked out the window. 

[Credits: Anime from 'Weathering with You']

"it was raining? I think that's the reason I dreamt about it." I sighed..

People ran for cover outside and umbrellas were opened as the clouds spat out their beads of water. A wall of rain moved over the trees and the drops were drumming against the ground. So much rain was falling that the sound blurred into one long, whirring noise.

I can't help thinking about the dream. I don't know if it's a dream or a memory. It was so realistic.. I can't help thinking about it. I tried to connect the dots until I realize that It was connected to my accident recently.

"The nurse once said that the young man saw me on the shore and save my life. That's means I fell out of the cliff. That can't be true.. It might be" I looked out of the window again and tried myself to enjoy the good scenery.

Eventually, the noise lessened and the drops faded into a musical chime. The sun came out again, casting slanted beams of light across the road. Steam was slowly evaporating from the grass drifted mist-like towards the molten-gold sun.