It Was An Accident, I Swear!

It has now been about three weeks since you were left behind at the daycare.
No, your mother never came to pick you up.
It hurt a lot at first but soon you figured you should just let it go, there was no way to fix it.

Sun actually decided to take you in.
Every day after pretending to leave when the daycare was closing you'd hide out in the lobby, then sneak back in when the workers left.

The workers always gave you suspicious looks when you told them an excuse like "my parents are waiting for me outside, so I'll leave by myself"

Yeah, it was a stretch but it somehow worked.

Although everyone was confused as to how you magically showed up every morning without a parent signing you in.

In a way, Sun felt guilty for keeping this secret from everyone but what else could he do? He wasn't gonna kick you out on the streets.
So he decided to take care of you himself, knowing the risks of you getting caught or the lights turning out, he made sure he was extra careful.

Sun was sort of like a big brother/father figure to you now.
Yeah, it's weird but you're ok with it to be honest.

There was some extra precautions you had to take to make sure the workers didn't catch you, sure but you didn't really care.
You were actually really happy.
Sun was your bestfriend, he treated you like gold.
This was the happiest you had felt in a long time.

But..
Sadly, things were about to change.

Julia, one of the workers, was getting suspicious of you and Sun's closeness.

She observed that you and Sun have a closer relationship than any of the other kids that visited the daycare.

Not to mention she's caught on to the pattern of your "parents" waiting for you outside when it's closing time,
And then appearing in the kids center the next morning without any explanation of you getting there.

Deciding to do some investigating later on tonight, she'd wait until you left and wait to see what you would do...

Back to the present.

Today you were playing around in the ball pit with a new friend you made.
Being around so many kids every day made it so you weren't as shy as you were before.

Your friend who was named Bradley was playfully tossing the plastic balls at you while you squealed and laughed, throwing some at him too.

Bradley was a year older than you, he had short blonde hair and blue eyes.
He was a lot taller than you though, so he teased you about being short a lot.

He got to come there every Saturday, so yeah he was definitely a rich kid but he was really nice.

As you two were messing around in the pit, you picked up one of the balls and threw it at Bradley.

A little too hard though-

It flew and hit him right on the nose, suprising him and knocking the boy back slightly.
Falling under the ball filled surface.

You didn't mean to hit him that hard, it was an accident!

You gasped and ran over to your friend, frantically asking if he was ok.

Bradley laughed as he stood himself back up, rubbing his face a bit while giving you a thumbs up with his free hand.

"I'm fine, but man you sure did hit me hard, for a girl"

Seeing he was ok you giggled and lightly punched his shoulder.

"Ha! That's why you don't mess with girls"

Before he could reply a woman with blonde hair and brown eyes ran up to you guys and pulled Bradley out of the pit and started examining him.

"Bradley sweetheart! Are you ok?? Did she hurt you!?"

Your friend just sighed and tried to get the woman to put him down.

"I'm fine mom, we were just messing around!"

Apparently she was Bradley's mom?

You felt a bit awkward as you stood there.
"Is she gonna be mad at me? I didn't mean to hurt him.."

The woman then turned her attention to you, staring at you intensely.
She looked really angry and scary...

You lowered your head as you felt your legs start to shake.

"I remember when mama used to look at me like that.."

"Hey! Apologize to my son right now! You hurt him and he at least deserves an apology!"

You always hated it when people raised their voice at you, it scared you a lot.
You didn't even really know why...

A sniffle could be heard before you quietly muttered

"I-i'm sorry Bradley, i-it was an accident.."

You then felt a hand on your shoulder.
Looking up to see Sun standing beside you as he questioned Bradley's mom.

"What is going on here?"

He kept his typical cheery voice but you could tell he was a little concerned.

"This little girl hurt my baby, and I wanted her to apologize!"

Sun gave you a questioning look.

"I-it was an accident, I s-swear!"

You confessed, tears threatening to spill from the corners of your eyes.

Sun nodded and asked if you had apologized, telling him you did he turned back to the woman and Bradley.

"Then it is all ok! No need to be upset"

The woman grumbled as she stormed off, dragging Bradley behind.
The boy gave you a look that said
"I'm sorry about her" and waved goodbye to you.

You lightly smiled back and waved to your friend, rubbing the tears away from your eyes.

Sun knelt down next to you, patting your head gently.
"Are you alright Y/n?"

You nodded and put on a smile to reassure him.
Soon after Sun went to play with the other kids and you went to go play with one of your other friends.

Unaware that Julia had been watching your every move.