Chapter 3

Ephrathah's POV

"Attention, everyone!" Both monsters and humans got quiet as the monster bartender made an announcement "I was told to hand these out from a good friend of mine named Denise. She's celebrating her birthday and wanted to throw a kickin' party." He handed the flyers to everyone as I skimmed through it. The party took place at an old factory called....Pittsmore? Odd..

One of the monsters yelled "Wait....is this the same factory where Rayburn Jr started at?!" The bartender nodded "Yup. The very place! And I can guarantee.....that he'll be there at that party." Suddenly everyone bursted out of their chairs screaming their lungs off as they rush out the bar. I looked at the time and date which said-

9pm, March 23 -bring fooood :^)

Or else you're not invited

Today was the 20th, seems like if we were to go it'd take us exactly four days if I traveled there on foot....

I felt Valen tug my arm as I looked down and see him give me the puppy eyes. "Please, please, PUH-LEASE can we go?! This is our chance to talk with Rayburn about your duel with Womma Ray!" As much as I hated the idea I knew there wasn't any other way to get help, so I sighed in defeat "FINE. I guess we'll go...but we need to leave now."

He fist pumped the air "Yes!" I look at the bartender waving the flyer "Mind if we keep this....um, what was your name?" He chuckled, cleaning a glass cup "The name's Pig Daddy, sweetheart...go on and keep it." I nodded giving him a smile "Thanks." I gave Valen a ride on my shoulder as we exited the bar.

I cracked my knuckles "Alright, if we're going to make it to this stupid party....we need to hurry." He gasped "Does this mean you finally get use those gorgeous wings around your waist?! Is today THE day??!" I loosened up my shoulders as I did a quick stretch and spreader out my wings "We're about to find out!"

I made a running start as I could feel the wind rushing past my wings as I took a big leap and felt myself being lifted off into the air I smiled as I could hear Valen cheering "I-I think I'm doing it! I-"

Suddenly we started to fall as gravity took us down fast "WINGS FAILED ME! WINGS FAILED ME!!!" We both screamed as Valen held on to my shoulder for dear life as I shielded us from the impact of the ground, rolling everywhere in the dirt until I landed on my back. My body bruised everywhere I groaned out loud "That wasn't a good idea.." Valen nodded sluggishly too exhausted to say a word.

"Welp, I guess we're walking then." I got up and put Valen back on my shoulder as I dusted myself off. "Hey, can we get some food on the way? I'm starving!" I nodded at him "Sure, but we're gonna have to take it to go!" With that, we set on our way to Pittsmore hoping to make it in time for the party...

(Three days later..)

I wiped the sweat from my forehead "I am not EVER walking that far again." Valen fanned himself "Girl, you don't have to tell me twice...I'm sweatin' like a sinner in church!" I scoffed at him "You weren't the one who literally had to WALK OVER A HUNDRED THOUSAND MILES IN THIS HEAT." He chuckled nervously "At least I kept you from boredom..?"

I sigh as I rolled my eyes "Let's just get cleaned up somewhere and then head to the party.."

Rayburn Jr's POV