ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔗𝔢𝔫: Revenge

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒽𝓊𝓇𝓉 𝒽𝑒𝓇, 𝓈𝒽𝑒'𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝑒 

𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝒾𝒻 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒽𝓊𝓇𝓉 𝒽𝒾𝓂? 

𝓇𝓊𝓃.

♚♛

Wanda sat by Loki's bedside as he slept. He'd dropped into unconsciousness almost as soon as the wound had closed, but his breathing was stable, as was his pulse. Wanda had no reason to worry and yet she felt the lingering anxiety prickling her fingertips - he was a God, even if he'd been left to let the poison burn through his system, he likely would've been fine. In fact, he probably would've found a place to hideaway and healed the wound himself. She had no reason to worry. Yet that nagging feeling wouldn't leave her be.

Wanda chose to believe it was anxiety over Loki's condition, that when he woke up everything would be fine. She chose to believe that over acknowledging the rage that was brewing, because if she focused on her anger - even for just a second - she would not be able to stop herself from going back and bringing hell down over the Avengers head. 

Realistically, she understood their side - had Loki not been her soulmate, she likely would've fought against him. But she couldn't help but hope they would have been a bit more understanding, soulmate magic was the rarest and most pure forms of magic in this dimension - to willingly aid in the separation of soulmates? It was seen as cruel.

Despite how hard she tried, she couldn't ignore the anger boiling in her blood - no matter how much she tried to mask it as anxiety, it demanded to be felt.

Wanda glanced around the house. Pietro and Peter were here somewhere, most likely discussing their newly discovered soulmate bond. Wanda felt terrible for her brother, the first time he acknowledged the bond was when he had to save his soulmate from a collapsing building - a trauma she was all to familiar with.

The more she thought about it, the more she felt her anger rise. The Avengers must have known that Peter was not with them, with a skill set such as his, he would've been a very useful person to have around and yet they didn't seem to think about bringing him along. 

Paired with the fact that if he wasn't with them and he was still inside the building when it came down...

Wanda would have her revenge. Not just for Loki and herself, but for Peter too.

---

Natasha sat on the creaky bed of her shared room in the farmhouse. After the destruction of the compound, Clint had one again allowed the Avengers to take temporary residence in his farm house.

Natasha had said her brief hellos to Laura and the children before she snuck away.

She'd stabbed Loki. The God of Mischief, Lies and Deceit - someone who by all accounts was impossible to trick or defeat. And yet she, a human assassin, had managed to catch him off guard - had managed to poison him.

She wasn't foolish enough to believe she had killed him, he was like a bug that refused to be stepped on. More than that, he was a snake, a venomous, conniving snake. Yet there was a certain irony to what she had done - she'd poisoned the snake.

And if Loki was the snake, then Wanda was the fox. Sneaky, cunning - often overlooked in favour of the hounds that chase them in the hunt. No matter how friendly they act around humans, they still revert to their wild nature when they're threatened. A nature in which they will do anything to survive. Any trick, any quick escape. Anything.

There was no doubt Loki would survive the poisoning, the only thing it would've done was weakened him enough for someone else to take a hit at him. But with Wanda at his side, there was no doubt he would be healed already. 

He'd survived and that was a scary thing. He'd come back. They both would. 

And when they did, they would come for Natasha. It didn't matter that Wanda and Natasha were beginning to form a tentative friendship. She'd poisoned the witch's soulmate, that in itself would be seen as an act of war.

Yes, they would come for her - and Natasha had no idea what to do when they did. No amount of preparation could save her. 

For the first time in a long time, Natasha Romanoff was afraid.

---

a shorter one today because i ran out of ideas