49- Rain

Dream had a smile on his face as he made his way through the living room to get back to George. Karl had a questioning look on his face but didn't ask any questions; he was just glad to see his friend so happy. 

The blonde laughed when he entered the room, noticing that George hadn't moved positions since he'd left him. He lay curled up on the very edge of the bed, drowned in blankets so that only his head poked out.

With a scoff, Dream walked up to the side of the bed his boyfriend was on, squatting so he was level with him. Entranced in George's rosy cheeks and full lips, he reached out a hand and stroked the hair out of the brunette's face.

The smaller man let out the softest groan, signifying that he was awake.

"You've gotta wake up, baby." Dream cocked his head to the side, feeling bad for waking George up. "Otherwise you won't be able to sleep tonight."

"Everything hurts." George whispered so quietly, if you breathed too loud, you'd miss it.

A guilty expression washed over Dream's face, "I'm sorry, that's all my fault."

"No..." George's eyes opened slowly, "I have no regrets."

"...Oh yeah?"

And George didn't reply. He simply reached out his arm weakly to tuck a strand of hair out of Dream's face.

Dream's breath hitched to the touch. "I need a haircut, huh?"

Again, George didn't reply.  He just looked into Dream's eyes and sighed.

"Ok you've gotta give me something here," Dream stated "I'm starting to worry that I broke you."

"You're so pretty."

Silence.

Then Dream wheezed. He laughed hard, doubling over.

"O-Ok-" more laughing, and then, "now I- I know I broke you!"

To this he got a reaction, George chuckled along with him, starting to get up and stretch.

"Let's do something." George suggested, seemingly out of nowhere.

-----

The three roommates were gone when Dream and George walked through the living room to get their shoes, and Dream was relieved. He didn't really want them to see the way that George held onto him while they walked, having to use him as a crutch. But most of all, he didn't want to explain why they were going out in the pouring rain because, quite frankly, he didn't even know. And he didn't think George knew either. 

They were being spontaneous.

"Do you have a raincoat I could borrow?" George took him out of his thoughts.

He blinked.

"We... We don't own any raincoats."  The blonde laughed at the shocked expression George was wearing. "We live in Florida, so..."

George opened the door, scoffing. "But you have storms and hurricanes and shit!"

Dream hummed, following George through the door. "You think we go out in hurricanes?" They both laughed, seemingly realising the silliness of this conversation despite all their conversations being exactly the same. "Just because we get them a lot doesn't mean we're immune to them."

By this point they were stepping out onto the sidewalk and into the pouring rain. The sound of water hitting the concrete became ten times louder than the comforting noise it was indoors. But for some reason the sound gave Dream a spark of excitement.