Mothers

After school I waited out side for the car that held my mother. I couldn't help but be a little excited. I mean...7 years not seeing my mother. Crazy right.

A black car pulled up and out came a man that went to the back and helped a woman with a wheel chair out of the car, she wasn't old, but she looked warn down and she had a light scar across her cheek. She had black short hair and greyish brown eyes.

"Artemis..you'e as beautiful that as I remember." She said rolling her wheelchair up to me. I gasped softly. It was how she said my name...

"Mom..." I said tears forming in my eyes. I ran to her and put my arms around her. She hugged me back and I sobbed.

"You don't have to go back there. Never with that monster again" she promised holding me.

"Mom" I cried.

"Let's go home..." She said and I helped her back to the car and the man drove us to the terror house I grew up in.

"It's worse than I remember" she said and with my help she got out. "Wait for us we will be right back" she said to the driver and we went into the building and up the elevator.

We went into the apartment. I sighed and looked around "I'll go grab my stuff.." I said and went to my room. I looked around, I saw the corner I cried in every day of my 6 year old life after my sister left, I saw the bed that I hit with my head on when my dad thought I stole from him...the poster on the wall with that had 'Alice in Wonderland' printed on it. With the Cheshire Cat.

I sighed and got the poster off the wall and my books, and my drawing pad. I grabbed my clothing and put everything in a small green duffle bag.

I left the building with my mom and we went to an apartment on the other side of Gotham, closer to my school, the opposite of Gotham high...something I couldn't afford

We went into the apartment and sure it was small but it fit of us perfectly. I smiled as I looked around.
"Thank you mom" I said and went to hug her but she stopped me

"Show me the marks" she spoke bitting her lip.

"What?" I say confused.

"What that monster did to you" my eyes widened and I nodded. I took off my over shirt and was left in a tank top I turned around and she saw my back and legs. "My poor baby girl..." She said scanning me.

I sighed. "At least I learned how to fight back last year" I said keeping an emotionless face.

"You're a good girl Artemis..." She said and smiled. "Thank you for waiting..."

"Anything for you mom"