A Start

At the time she was six and already was forced into training or else her dad would beat both her and her sister. Yes it was wrong and yes it's illegal but no one could do anything about it. He was a monster.

Artemis never had a birthday party, love, care, attention...she was alone.

I was alone.

I'm Artemis Lain Crock, the daughter of Lawrence, and Paula Crock. My sister, Jade...is my only sibling alive and know of. I live with sister and my father, known as Sportsmaster, the monstrous Villian that loves the kill. He's a monster and I am forced to live with him. He works my sister until she's unconscious and makes me stay in my room with out food or water for hours during the night. Luckily my mother would be let out of jail, when I was 13, and I would. Be here. When she gets out.
---Start---

I sat down, with her small teddy bear the only , the small room that she shared with her older sister, Jade.
My sister...she had had enough and know she was packing her stuff

"Jade...were are you going" I said as my six year old self.

"I can't stand it here anymore...I'm leaving" she said calmly

"But. But you can't....we have to keep this family from falling appart" I said my eyes filling with tears "moms still gone and dads sketchy"

"Artemis I'm sorry but I've made up my mind" she said leaning down to my hight "you'll get out of here I'll come back for you, I promise, when your older" she promised...but didn't mean it. Of course I didn't know that.

"Okay" I sniffed holding my teddy bear close.

"I'll miss you" she said hugging me... She didn't mean that either but I didn't know

"Please don't leave" I said now bawling

"I have to" she said standing up again. "I'm sorry but you should get out of here when you can" she said then went out of the window.

"But. But. I'm waiting for mom..." I said quietly.

She's was already gone. The next morning my father came into the room for early training and saw she was gone. He cornered me and beat me. Making bruises on my arms and breaking my wrist. I cried the rest of the day in a corner as he called off my training since I was too injured to train, but would give me double the next day.