Chapter 4: Adventure Day

On Friday night, Megan decided to finally send the text to Jai about their early Pittsburgh adventure tomorrow morning. She said in the text: Hey, Jai! So I was thinking that we meet at Deluca's in the Strip District around 8. How does that sound? He replied with: Sounds perfect. I'll meet you there.

*************************************
The sun was rising over the horizon giving the sky an orange-pink color. It was warm out and luckily not windy. The city was just starting to get busy due to people off of work on weekends.

Megan stood outside her apartment, purse and leather jacket in one hand, as she waved down a taxi with the other. A taxi pulled up beside her as she slid into the car.

"Deluca's in the Strip, please." She said as she pulled out a couple bucks and handed it to the driver. It wasn't a far drive about 5 minutes. Soon she jumped out of the car, not surprised when she turned around to see Jai already waiting by the door.

"Beat me again? That's not fair." She joked towards him as she made her way over to him.

Jai smirked when he heard her as he then glanced down to the jacket. "You remembered."

"Of course." She handed it to him as he politely took it from her and slipped it on.

"After you." He said as he opened the door to the restaurant.

"Thank you." She politely said back as she stepped inside the diner. There was a long bar-like table along one side and scattered tables and booths in the rest of the room. It was a Pittsburgh favorite which explains why so many people were there.

A hostess kindly lead them to a booth in the back since all the ones in the front were full. Waitresses buzzed around trying to get everyone happy.

Once they took their seat, they ordered their drinks. Megan got orange juice while Jai got coffee.

"So, do you mind telling me where we are going?" He asked as he scanned over the menu as the waitress brought their drinks. Soon she was off again.

"It's an adventure remember? It's a surprise." She said simply as she smiled to his excitement. She looked over the menu also, already knowing what she was going to get.

Jai rolled his eye humorously. "Come on." He begged. His Australian roots breaking her down bit by bit.

She simply shook her head as the waitress came back. "What would you like?" The waitress asked.

"Ladies first." Jai said with a small smile towards her. Megan blushed.

"Um...I'll have the Apple Walnut Crepe." She said then looked over to Jai who ordered the Seafood Benedict. The waitress nodded and walked away leaving them alone.

"Is this your first movie?" He asked.

Megan nodded. "Yeah, to be honest I'm a little nervous. I want to have a good first impression you know?"

He leaned forward putting his elbows onto the table. "You'll do great. Don't worry about it, I'll help you with anything you need. Alright?"

She smiled softly then turned her attention to the waitress approaching their table. She placed the two plates of food on the table. "Enjoy." She said then left the check and walked away.

*************************************
"Okay." She said as they walked out of the diner. "How do you feel about boats?" She asked with a smirk.

"Boats? I'm fine on boats, why?" He asked raising an eyebrow curiously.

"You'll see." Megan said smiling eye to eye knowing she knows more than he.

*************************************
Soon they arrived to a large dock surrounded by two large fleets. One of which is labeled "Gateway Clipper".

She put up her hands "Stay here. I'll be back." She smiled and walked off to a booth a purchased two tickets. She walked back to him and handed him a ticket. "There's only one way to see Pittsburgh." She paused and pointed to the fleet. "And it's on-top of that."

Jai couldn't help but laugh softly and smirk some more. "I regret taking this offer." He joked.

The whistle blew for all passengers to go aboard the boat. People lined up immediately and climbed on. Once on the top deck, Jai leaned his elbows against the railing staring out over the river. Megan copied his movements standing right beside him.

Megan helped point out all the buildings that they passed including Heinz Field and PNC Park. Jai watched and laughed at some things she said. He was amazed at how close the boat came to the bridges.

The boat arrived at the docks after a half hour of river travel. Jai and Megan walked off the boat and onto the dock.

"Thank you, Megan." He said once they regrouped. "That was really amazing to see where you grew up."

"It's not much." She shrugged. "But it's home." She smiled to him. "There's one more thing I want to show you." Her smile turning to a smirk. "I hope you can ice skate."

*************************************
The day was quickly turning to dark as they arrived to PPG Place Ice Rink. Megan turned to look at Jai noticing slightly nervousness in his eyes.

"You'll do great. Don't worry about it, I'll help you with anything you need. Alright?" She repeated his exact words from earlier as she tied on her skates.

He simply rolled his eyes knowing where she got her words. He sighed as he felt compelled to go with her. Jai tied on his skates and stood up.

"Baby steps. Just follow what I do." Megan explained calmly to him. She stepped onto the ice and gripped the wall. "Come on, scaredy pants." She taunted him playfully.

He stuck his tongue out like a child as he slowly made his way onto the ice. He gripped the wall so tightly that his knuckles turned white.

"Relax, Jai. Just take little steps." Megan said softly as she skated to his side.

He nodded and carefully moved each foot after the other, not letting his hand leave the wall. After some practice he got better with his footing.

"Now try coming off the wall." She said standing a couple feet away.

"You're crazy." He said towards her with raised eyebrows. His voice sounded serious behind his accent.

"Nope. Not at all. Now move your ass off the wall." She crossed her arms as she talked to him.

He sighed deeply and let go of the wall taking small steps away from it. Megan skated a bit closer just in case he fell.

His footing wasn't the best because the next step he took, his foot slipped under him. Megan instinctively reached out to grab him, but got taken down to the ground by his weight. They laid on the ice laughing hysterically. For a moment Jai smirked toward her and Megan blushed brightly.

"Are you blushing?" He joked lightly smiling softly to her.

"Uh...no. Of course not. I'm just cold." She wasn't the best at lying. He could easily tell she was. "Let's head back." She said as she tried to get up but slipped again. Jai laughed some as he managed to get up and he offered his hand to her. She took his hand and pulled herself up. His warm touch sent what felt like electricity through her body. Jai smiled to her as their eyes met. He then broke the moment by pushing himself off the ice then they both took off their skates.

*************************************
Jai offered to take her home after the day of adventure was over. Night soon fell upon the city as the stars scattered the sky.

"Thank you for showing me around today." Jai said to her softly.

"No problem. It's nice to go around the city once and awhile even though I might get a bruise in the end." She chuckled softly referring to the fall on the ice.

"Sorry about that." He said apologetically. "I guess I'll see you Monday on set then." He smiled some.

"Yeah, Monday. I'll see you there."