Sylleth/Jin - Backstory

This is all prior to the canon story. Me and my friend were working on the canon part, but we kinda gave up lol

[Before the Archon War]

"What are you-?! Some monster?!"

The children of the small village were stunned by what they were seeing. One of the small children had pitch-black spots slowly growing on their skin. The substance seemed to run through his veins. When spreading to one of his eyes, it turned the whole eye black. The darkness grew his ears to be like the ones of the monsters that everyone feared.

It was true, he was different. He had no name, no home, no family. He was alone. His old family left him to die on the outskirts of the village with a knife in his chest, what with them being priests and sensing the 'evil' in him. Although, these assumptions were quite inaccurate. Around the village, he was known to be the most kind of the children.

But their viewpoint shifted once they saw his true form...

The young holder of darkness, Sylleth.

[During the Archon War]

As fast as the many demons were appearing, there were few of the Gods that could keep up, climbing their way to the seats of Celestia, eager to claim one as their own. Every step was closer to the top, and that's all that the Oneiro Archon-to-be could think about.

After slashing a few monsters away with the swift, trained movements of his geom, he saw an archer struggling to fend off some of the creatures. But, why did he feel this... this solace, even just at their sight..?

For a moment, Sylleth paused. What was he doing? The seats were so close, why stop for anyone?

He came to his decision quickly. Raising his hand, he gathered energy, catching the attention of the aforementioned archer. Slamming his hand to the ground, it created a rift of energy through the ground, making cracks in the dirt and stone and shining a dark light through the cracks and caverns. Just before it could reach the archer, Sylleth leaped into the air, swooping down to grab them before the energy could reach their previous location.

In that moment, he made a decision that would change the world forever.

After seeing the few seats left, he used his power to its fullest, blowing through every monster in the way, making it to the seats, the smaller and now unconsciousness God in his arms.

[Before the Destruction of Khaenri'ah]

"This is absurd! I've told you all once, and I'll say it again! Letting the godless nation be destroyed will overrun the spiritual plane. I will become overwhelmed with the dead, you have to understand!"

The Archons were having a discussion about their plan to not protect an all-human nation from the heavenly principles. They saw their lack of a God to be a threat. The only ones that strongly opposed the idea where the Archons of light and darkness, even if their elements were complete opposites.

The latter of the two was a guide of the spirits, taking the dead from the mortal world to that of the In Between. He knew the kinds of people in Khaenri'ah, his nation of Seohung was the only close neighbor after all. He had seen both the pure and vial souls that inhabited the lands. He knew the consequences...

But he couldn't persuade the others to come to the same conclusion.

[After the Destruction of Khaenri'ah]

"Why? Why did you have to do it?"

"Why did you kill our people?"

"You could have stopped this..."

Sylleth backed away from the spirits, their ghostly hue becoming brighter as they were to be guided to the heavens.

"No, please! You must understand! This wasn't my decision to make... I had almost no say, you have to believe me!" he attempted to reason. This only seemed to anger the souls, disturbing their energy.

Suddenly, they started to try to claw at Sylleth, ripping the ends of his clothing. One of the spirits catches his attention.

Leimin, one of his friends from his own nation. Her form glowed its dull blue, joining with the other spirits. Her pale blue skin had burns covering every inch. Her hair was singed and she was covered in a dark, black liquid; spirit blood. Her eyes held no emotion other than pain. Simply the sight of his mortal friend in this state broke him. Something in him snapped.

He didn't want to witness death anymore. Seeing the ones he cared about like this made him unstable. He knew that he had to carry out his duty, but he was over the pain of witnessing something to this caliber.

Sylleth holds his head, making an attempt to steady himself.l, but it's so use. An incredible amount of Oneiro energy is dispelled, even making itself known in the mortal realm. The other Archons noticed this, but three particular ones are especially alarmed.

The Anemo Archon, Barbatos, saw the bright blue sky over what was once Khaenri'ah and Seohung turn dark gray. A sense of dread quickly washed over him as his eyes widened. He knew what was happening.

As quickly as the feeling had hit him, he spread his large wings and used the wind to guide him to Sylleth. The elemental energy had formed a rift between the mortal realm of Teyvat and the In Between. Barbatos could see what was happening; it was clear to him.

Things seemed to move so quickly as he tried his best to fly to his friend, but try as he could, it wasn't enough. Something was pushing him away. Then, in a blink of the eye, it disappeared. Although everything happened so fast, Barbatos could see but a glimpse of Sylleth giving him a soft smile as the image of the ravaging spirits overtaking him.

When the darkness dissipated, a large blast of Anemo sent the Archon hurdling to the ground. Just before he hit the ground, a small cloud of light shielded his fall. Ming and Morax were already there. They had witnessed everything from the ground.

He was gone.

Over the next 500 years, Sylleth hid himself. He masked his elemental energy by using an ancient talisman technique. For days or even weeks on end, he'd sit alone in his cave, wishing to be with his love. Although the other never knew, he was in love with him. Every day, without fail, he'd softly whisper.

"Please, my love. Forgive me...

...Barbatos..."

Woo! I know i said I'd do voicelines next, but I already had this written so... yeah!

This may not be a completely accurate depiction of the Archon War, especially since we haven't really had anything illustrated about it in the game, but I tried my best. I apologize for any inaccuracies!

Anyways, thanks for reading!