42 - Water and Whiskey

Ryles 🌻
So. Uh. We got a cat.

Siri 💞😍😍😍Oh my godddWhat's its name!

Siri 💞
😍😍😍
Oh my goddd
What's its name!

Ryles 🌻
Her name is Alpine 🥰

Siri 💞
Aw!
Chris is laughing. He asked if Sebastian picked the name, but he won't tell me why.

Ryles 🌻
Seb mentioned the name. Bucky had a cat in the comics named Alpine that apparently looks just like her.

Siri 💞
Well I love it.
Chris says he does too.
We need to meet her ASAP 🥰

Ryles 🌻
Yes!
We're free today if you guys are!

Siri 💞
Chris is out til 4.
But let's all do dinner

Ryles 🌻
Sounds perfect 💃

"Hey, babe?" Rylee yelled down into the quiet house.

"Yeah?" She heard Sebastian answer from somewhere downstairs.

"Chris and Alexa are planning on coming over for dinner."

"Sounds good, mama."

"What're you up to?"

Silence.

"Sebby?"

Silence.

Rylee left the office and came downstairs to see Sebastian splayed out on the couch, looking stressed. He had one of his arms draped over his eyes, the other laying on his stomach.

"Hey baby, uh, watcha doing?" Rylee asked, confused as she crossed the room to go to the kitchen for a bottle of water.

"Having an existential crisis. No big deal." Sebastian replied.

Rylee came over, set her water on the table, and gestured for him to sit up for a second, to which he did. She sat down and he laid his head in her lap.

"So. Existential crisis, huh?"

"Yep. Correct." Sebastian responded, arm draped back over his eyes.

Rylee's fingers drifted into Sebastian's hair, causing him to relax easily under her touch. She waited patiently for him to continue.

"Okay. So. This is about to be a pretty serious conversation? I guess? But like. Fuck it. Uh. What if we went house hunting?"

Rylee's hand stopped and Sebastian looked up at her upside down from her lap, trying to read her reaction.

Sebastian sat up quickly and turned his body to face out, staring towards the floor and speaking with his hands, "This place is small. Good for us, but for three? I don't know...like..we have the office that can be a nursery bu-"