108 - It's Ending

— A/N —
I usually wait til the evening to post.
But I just couldn't.
✨There's some exciting stuff at the end too! Woohoo! ✨

—————

Sebastian and Rylee pulled up to the hospital around 9:30 pm where a nurse brought Rylee a wheelchair and, in what felt like a flash, Rylee was taken to an exam room.

She was asked questions about her contractions, her vitals were checked, and the nurse checked her cervical dilation, which she was proud to say was at 6cm. And with that, she was admitted into a suite in the labor and delivery wing of the hospital.

Once she got settled into the room, Rylee was hooked up to an IV and was strapped up with a fetal monitoring sensor belt for her contractions and baby's heartbeat.

Since she was only dilated 6 cm, she still had a bit of waiting to do, though her contractions were getting far closer together and a bit more intense.

She sat on a comfortable chair in the room, as her nurse, who introduced herself a few minutes ago as Lacey, checked over the numbers from the sensor belt and took Rylee's blood pressure, unsurprised that it came up as 140/90.

"If you're feeling up to it, you could do some laps up and down the hall together. Sometimes walking helps speed up labor..." Lacey suggested. And with a smile, she added, "plus it gives you guys private time where we aren't bugging you every six seconds."

"I think I'm up for it," Rylee said as she looked at Sebastian. Lacey took off the blood pressure cuff and Sebastian stepped closer to offer her a hand to stand up.

He kept her hand in his, giving it a squeeze as he grabbed her IV pole and they headed for the door.

"We'll be back then," Sebastian said as Lacey walked out the door behind them and went the other direction down the hall.

As they walked, Rylee put her free hand on top of her belly, squeezing Sebastian's hand gently.

"What's on your mind, mama?" Sebastian asked as they slowly made their way down the hall.

"Just...it seems like we've been waiting for this forever, and now all of a sudden it's ending. It's a weird feeling. It's exciting but almost kind of sad? I don't know how to explain it."

"Hey, remember when you were just mad at me and it was my fault you were dealing with this, and now you're sad about it?" Sebastian chuckled as he bumped her shoulder lightly with his.

"Oh shut up," Rylee said with a laugh of her own.

There was a beat of silence before Rylee sighed, "You do know I appreciate every single second and every single thing you've done during all of this..."

"Of course, mama. That's never been a question in my mind." Sebastian said, stopping and turning to kiss her in the middle of the hallway, "I love you."

"Always love you more," Rylee said, leaning her forehead against his.

"Still never possible," Sebastian smiled as he kissed her again.

Rylee's eyes widened suddenly, "Oh my god, we haven't told anyone we're here yet."

"Not necessarily a bad thing, is it?"

"No, but I mean...Alexa and Chris need to know. Your parents...we should at least tell those four."

"Mm. Yeah, you're not wrong," Sebastian laughed, "Should we call them now?"

Rylee nodded as they stopped at a row of windows, looking out into darkness over a garden lit with decorative lamps, shining over all of the ornate shrubs and flowers.