nine.

ılı.lıllılıı.ıllı

↳ currently playing ;

[you're always on my mind] - [swv]
1:13 --•-------- 4:22

↺ << ll >> ⋮≡

♧ HAKEM "ACE" WASHINGTON ♧

I stepped over shards of glass, my eyes taking a hard gaze at the debris scattered over ruined furniture.

One of our safe houses had just been shot up and ran through, every bit of product and any hidden money gone.

The place had been ransacked, a big middle finger from the opposition to us.

They might as well have shit on my shoes if they wanted to disrespect me so blatantly.

I ran my hand over my face trying to wipe away surface stress, the only thing I could think of was KV having my ass on a platter.

This was supposed to one of be the safest spots, one of the most secure ones.

The traphouse in plain sight.

"How the fuck we let this happen?"I asked Key who looked just as stone-faced as me.

"We ain't let it happen-"

"You know exactly what I mean, bruh." I exhaled hard turning to the only other person here besides me and Key. The only one who hadn't fled when bullets sprayed the house and stayed at his post.

One of our dope boys, Noosie.

Noosie was three or four years younger than me and Key but just as hardbody as us if not more. He was loyal to a fault and I hoped his loyalty wouldn't be his undoing.

"Noose, you straight?" I asked deciding to think about someone other then myself for a minute.

He nodded but I could tell he was shaken up, his arm bandaged from being hit by a stray bullet. He hadn't said much to us other than explaining the situation, his silence letting me know where he was mentally.

Guilt and shame started to rise up in me as I continued to examine.

The fuck business did I have in a club when niggas were waiting for me to let my guard down?

Waiting for me to be out the way so they could take what I worked hard for?

Make it even harder for me to move up, make all the bullshit I was doing worth something?

I shouldn't have went out, I should've been here.

"Don't start blamin' yourself." Key said to me, I know he could tell the way my brain was wired right now just by my face.

"We the only people too blame, Key."I struggled to keep my calm, "You think KV gon' go for the folks at the bottom head? No, he's going for whose in charge and that's us!"

"We can explain to him, get him to understand-"

"It don't matter what he understand, it matter what the consequences gon' be." I shook my head, "And some consequences worse then a death sentence bruh."