Cast and Characters

Harry Styles as Troy Bolton: the most popular male student at East High School and captain of the varsity basketball team.

Selena Gomez as Gabriella Montez: a transfer student who joins the scholastic decathlon team and is attracted to Harry.

Dove Cameron as Sharpay Evans: an energetic and proud student with a love of theatre and being the center of attention—particularly Harry's who employs her twin brother, Ross, in her schemes.

Ross Lynch as Ryan Evans: a member of the drama club who aids his twin sister, Dove, in sabotaging Selena's relationship with Harry.

Luke Hemmings as Chad Danforth: Harry's best friend and member of the basketball team.

Taylor Swift as Taylor McKessie: captain of the school's scholastic decathlon team who shows Selena the ropes of East High.

Simon Cowell as Dave Matsui: principal at East High.

Des Styles as Jack Bolton: Harry's father and the coach of the basketball team who believes that Selena is a distraction from Harry's basketball career.

Demi Lovato as Kelsi Neilson: an underappreciated pianist and composer who is initially shy and subserved to Dove.

Michael Clifford as Zeke Baylor: a member of the basketball team who enjoys baking and admires Dove.

Louis Tomlinson as Jason Cross: a member of the basketball team who tends to ask mundane questions in class.

Bella Thorne as Martha Cox: a peppy brainiac who enjoys hip-hop.

Hailey Bieber as Ms. Darbus: a stern drama teacher who dislikes Mr. Styles, sports, and cell phones.

Zendaya Coleman as Ms. Tenny: a chemistry teacher at East High.

Mandy Teffey as Lisa Montez: Selena's mother, whose job makes them subject to frequent relocation.

Anne Twist as Lucille Bolton: Harry's mother.

Marisa Tomei as Ms. Falstaff: the librarian at East High.

Corbin Bleu as Coach Kellogg: another coach at East High.

Liz Gillies as Susan: a girl who unsuccessfully auditions for the winter musical.

Justin Bieber as Alan: a boy who unsuccessfully auditions for the winter musical.

Sabrina Carpenter as Cyndra: a girl who unsuccessfully auditions for the winter musical.