4.

The sound of Ms. Pi Seunghee's high heels clicking against the marbled floor echoed through the hallway. Her footsteps were rushed but her presence still commanded authority that when she passed by, the guards on the doorway bowed to her despite not getting back any acknowledgement. One guard knocked on the door for her before she came barging in.

"A moment please, Sir. It's urgent." Ms. Pi covered her mouth as she whispered to Eun Changsoo which made Hong Aera roll her eyes.

"Ms. Pi, whatever that is, I'm sure that can wait. We are having dinner can't you see?" Hong Aera said, her friends and business partners raising their eyebrows at Eun Changsoo's indispensable secretary. However, Ms. Pi only smiled and bowed politely. With a monotonous tone she was known for she replied, "It is up to Mr. Eun if it could wait or not."

"Excuse me for a while," Eun Changsoo wiped his mouth and stood up. Ms. Pi bowed before the guests once more and this time her smile didn't reach her eyes. Hong Aera threw the secretary a deathly glare. If there's one person she couldn't touch among the people around her husband, it's this woman.

"What is it that couldn't wait?" Eun Changsoo asked as soon as they were inside his office. He knew Ms. Pi for decades. She would not barge into a dinner that his wife hosted if it was not important.

"Ms. Youngro." Ms. Pi did not waste time and spoke directly to the point, handing Eun Changsoo a folder as she continued. "She was assaulted and is currently at the hospital."

Eun Changsoo regarded the report for a moment. Judging by his looks, one can say he didn't get surprised at all. However, his deep sighs and silence says it. He is still a father.

"How is she?"

"She fainted but was not severely injured. A man named Kim Sangbeom cornered her and strangled her inside the town hall. I already gathered his files and we're ready anytime you leave an order."

Eun Changsoo took a deep breath as he sat down and faced the file on his desk. "Take him to Director Ahn. He'll know what to do."

Youngro fluttered her eyes open then closed them once more as a blurry vision greeted her view. She felt cold and weak and when she opened her mouth to speak, there was no sound. Her mouth was dry, her neck painful. When she let out a groan, her friends immediately rushed to her.

"Youngro-yah!"

She heard Seolhui's voice following some shuffling and rustling sound when Hye Ryeong ordered someone to get the doctor.

When she opened her eyes once more, she finally made out her friends' figures one by one. Seolhui was at her right side while Hye Ryeong to her left. Soon, Byungtae arrived with the doctor and a nurse. After a few checkups, the doctor announced she could be discharged after a day of rest.

It turned out, she fell unconscious due to shock. Good thing, Im Sooho arrived on time and saved her or else she'd be gone for good. The pain and bruises were still there but it was fortunate she managed to survive that lunatic's attack.

"Did harabeoji and halmeoni know?" Youngro asked, her voice still raspy.

"Yah! How would you keep something like this to them?" Hye Ryoung exclaimed. "Dad insisted on taking them home but they wouldn't budge. Good thing the doctor told them they cannot stay to accompany you overnight. Gwangtae's with them, too."

Youngro shut her eyes and sighed. Ever since her stay at her grandparents' the first thing she promised herself was not to make them worry. She has managed well so far until today.

"Youngro-yah, we were really worried, you know?" Byungtae told her with so much concern on his face. "If only I wasn't nursing an injury. I would beat that weirdo to bits!"