"The Building." (1)

You walk into a building in Inazuma, a building in which you have fought the great sixth ex-harbinger in there over 300 years ago. You're an adventurer, so you start to discover the building again. This was the exact place the Balladeer had previously left you defeated, helpless on the floor, blood spilling out of your stomach. Suddenly, while you're reminiscing about the moment, you hear footsteps echoing in the silent building.You shoot your eyes up towards the sound, attempting to figure out what—or who was making that sound. A dark figure moves through the dust of the other side of the building, walking forward slowly. It eventually lurks out of the darkness, to your surprise is none other than your greatest current enemy—Scaramouche. Your eyes widen, as you hadn't seen him in a while. You wonder what he's doing here, if he knew you were gonna be here, what he was planning—millions of questions flooded your head as he appears with his hat tipped over his face.

He stops walking, making you two at a standstill at two opposite sides of the building. He tips his hat up, revealing his face. You watch his face in visible confusion as he chuckles. "Guess you never thought you'd see me here again? It's been a while since we've met face-to-face like this." You sense a bit of mockery in his tone, which makes you a bit aggravated. "Why are you here? Our battle ended over 300 years ago. You defeated me, took the gnosis, and left." He laughs. "You're still pissed about that? You certainly do like to hold grudges." he sighs. "If you want to fight over it again, then we can. I'm up for a good battle." you say in a slightly more confident tone. "We both know I cheated last time we fought." he says. "The poison. I remember. Even without it, you were fairly powerful. You still defeated me, but I've gotten stronger since then." you say. Scaramouche crosses his arms. "I guess that makes us equal."

"Wanna test that out? I want to see what other tricks you've got up your sleeve", you say.

Without warning, he rapidly sends a lightning bolt at you, which you dodge. "Impressive. Let us spar, then." you say. You had to admit to yourself, you were a bit impressed. "You'd better be able to keep up with me this time." he says mockingly. Your eyes lock with his.

"Let the battle begin."