"The Battle." (2)

The room feels darker, and feels compacted with the thrill of fighting him again. The urge to kill each other in this moment lurks in the air. His eyes glow a violet color, as your pyro vision glows and you summon a flaming sword into your hands. Your eyes glow a bright crimson color as you take some steps forward, your sword glowing brightly in your hand. "You'd better not disappoint me." you say. "Such high confidence in a being like yourself." he says. You tilt your head up slightly, glaring at him. He finds this amusing, as he sneers at your anger.

You get fed up with this, eventually dashing at him with the sword, about to slash him. He dodges, and sends a spinning electro razor, which you dodge. You attempt to slash him with your sword again, but he dodges again. At this point, it was only dodging. "Hah, you're only good at dodging now." he says. You two fight for a bit, some bolts hitting you. He shrugs crosses his arms. "Alright, I'll give you a chance to prove yourself." He is letting you prove that you've gotten stronger. You summon flaming pyro chains from the ground, with sharp blades at the tips of them, and send them at him. They nearly hit him, but he dodges the second they're about to hit him. "Aha, you're learning. That's more like it." You two keep fighting at each other, every now and then creating overload reactions from the mix of electro and pyro. "I haven't had a worthy battle like this since I fought Tartaglia." you say while attacking him. "He's history to me, he's probably the same as before." he says back. "He's definitely gotten better. You left the Fatui a while ago, so I get that." you say. The battle goes on. You start to get tired, as this battle has been going on for a while.

He eventually gets you to fall back with a huge strike of lightning, making you stumble to one knee, and one hand on the ground with the other on your chest. It was just like the last time you fought him over 300 years ago, when he got you in your weakened state. You should've expected this. You wipe the blood from your mouth and chuckle. "It's just like last time." you say. "Hm, just as weak as last time." he says, looking down at you, arms crossed with a smirk. You pause for a moment, but a wave of adrenaline flows through you. Your pyro vision glows brighter than before, along with your eyes. You look up at him, watching his face filled with confidence. You were gonna get him back. "Except I'm not accepting defeat this time." At the speed of light, you dash forward extremely fast with your sword, impaling his abdomen. A loud slash sound could be heard, echoing around the room, along with the sound of guts. The blood shoots out of him, as his eyes widen. It all happened so fast. There is a pause in this moment, with your sword still in him, blood dripping out, him standing still. Eventually, you rip the sword out of him, making another loud noise. He looks down at his bleeding cut with no expression, holding it while on one knee. "Hm. I'm impressed, to say the least." he manages to say. You could see the blood trickling through his fingers, dripping down from his hand at the same time. You were actually impressed by yourself, the fact that you could manage to get him into his weakened state. "Huh, I finally managed to do something like that." you say, looking down at him. "I guess I should've expected this from someone as strong as you." he says. You have no emotion while this is happening. "Fair battle." you tell him. "Well, I guess I should thank you for sparing my life." he says, in a breathy tone. You could tell he was also tired from the battle.

"Well, I guess that's it for now, until you get me back at some point." you say. You turn around to face the exit. "Until we cross paths again in another universe, or another life. Maybe in this exact room I shed my blood in." you tell him. He seems a bit confused. "What are you saying?" he asks. Is he dumb? Or maybe, he was faking it, and trying to lure you in so he could get you back? You were trying to tell him goodbye, and you didn't want to waste your time trying to explain. "Goodbye, until we cross paths again." you tell him. You eventually start taking some steps towards the exit, but Scaramouche asks you a question.