Chapter 4

Chapter Title: Checkmate and a Weird Bet
*
*
*
*
*
Zane: Instead of bullying the poor girl around, how about settling things once and for all?

Zane said and walk towards the Bald guy, ignoring the weird stares he was receiving.

‘Who is he?’ Min Jeong thought.

Looking at the way Zane acted, he was calm and full of confidence. This made the bald guy curious about Zane.

This is the first time that someone as young as Zane could talk to him or even look at him the way this young man was doing now.

The first time he saw Zane, he knew something was off to this guy. He was so calm and collected. Not even a trace of being intimidated by his aggressive actions from earlier.

It was as if, he was facing a total weirdo.

Zane: Let’s play a game…

After saying that, silence envelope the whole place, then soon after, a bunch of laughter and ridicule could be heard.

It was the bald guy and the five guys with him. Even all the people around him are confused about what he said.

Bald Guy: HAHAHA, That was a funny joke. I got startled for nothing. This idiot can’t even read the situation he was in. Oi kid, how about you go back to where you came from and play your pathetic game. HAHAHAHA

While those six guys are laughing and making fun of him, Zane’s composure didn’t change. He was still as calm as ever.

Zane: Let’s play never have I ever...I’ll start.

Zane said and lift five fingers to his side.

Zane: Never have I ever…pretended to own a property that wasn’t mine.

Hearing what Zane said made the bald guy stop his laughter. He looked at Zane, eyes wide open.

But baldy remember the action of this youngster earlier and didn’t take what Zane said seriously.

Bald guy: Kid, I advise you to get out of my sight before I got pissed off. You don’t want me to spank you, don’t you? HAHAHA

Another laughter could be heard after what baldy said.

Min Jeong on the other hand was confused about the action of the young man in front of her.

At first, she thought that Zane might be just a kid who wanted to help without realizing the weight of the situation. But as her uncle and Zane’s conversation continues, she can’t help but feel like something was weird about Zane.

He was too calm, even an innocent kid knows and fears the bad guys. They can feel if it was something out of their control and yet, Zane stood in front of these six guys with a calm expression.

Zane: If she can’t afford the rent, why not kick her out?

Hearing Zane’s voice again started to annoy baldy. But before he could say something, Zane already beat him to it.

Zane: Is it because she’s your niece? You guys don’t look close though. The first thing you did after getting here is to destroy everything in your way and hurt the poor attendant. You guys don’t seem close to me, for you to call her “My dear niece” *chuckles*

The more baldy listens to Zane, the more he felt in danger. He doesn’t know why but he feels like Zane knew something that could ruin his plan. But his pride won’t let him back down to a brat like Zane. This idiot doesn’t even know what he was doing.