Chapter Twenty One Fight For Survival

The door twisted open and a man appeared. I couldn't make out a face only the outline of a built figure. Slowly I scooted away from the door hoping that he wouldn't see me.

To my luck the man grabbed one of the other girls and took her. The door closed behind him. Slowly I approached the last girl in the room.

"What's happening to her?"

"They're probably out of the last person."

I felt sick to my stomach. I felt the sudden need to vomit but it wouldn't come up.

I rested my back against the cold wall and closed my eyes. I'm going to die here and there isn't anything I can do to stop it.

My eyes beamed open and I nearly fainted. Carl, I forgot about Carl. He's alone now and he's already lost Judith and now me. Tears filled my eyes and my heart began to become empty. The pain started to go numb before I even shed a tear.

I look next to me where the young girl was sitting. My heart ached for her and I wanted to save her and bring her with me. I could see tears streaming down her bony, pale face. She noticed me looking at her and began to cry harder. I reached out my arms in attempt to calm her down. She hesitantly rests her head on my chest and let's it out until we both drifted to sleep.

"WHERE IS SHE!?" A loud commotion startled me from my sleep. The girl that was lying with me quickly rose her head and gripped my leg tightly.

"GOD DAMN IT I SAID WHERE IS SHE!" That voice, was a familiar voice. It was Carl's voice.

"She's about to die if you speak one more time boy." I grabbed the girls hand and whispered to her "That's my boyfriend, he will save us."

Her eyes widened and she smiled a smile so big that even I couldn't help but smile a little.

The door abruptly opening disturbed our moment of happiness and before I could move the girl who sat beside had a bullet through her skull. Her lifeless body fell into my arms and her wound bled into my shirt.

Carl grabbed the man front behind and bit his neck. He reached for his knife and stabbed him multiple times. "Carl, that's enough." I said in a calm voice while staring into the girls lifeless eyes.

Carl grabbed me from behind and held onto me but I couldn't hold him back. I just sat there, staring at the girl who I just told would be saved and maybe she was, maybe death saved her.