Date night.

Isabelle hummed softly as she opened the window on her side. She took deep breath, leaning against the window frame. It was early sunny evening.

She shook her head slightly, and stepped back from the window. She took her watering can and watered her plant. She looked over to her colleage.

"Tom, it's getting late, don't you think?" she asked, putting her watering can aside. She didn't get answer from him. She sighed and went over to to his desk.

The shih tzu placed her hands to his desk. "Sir." she said in strict tone. He was startled. He rised his gaze to her. "Pardon me?" he asked.

She shook her head slightly. "I said it's getting late." she told, crossing her arms against her chest. "And didn't you have something to do today evening?" she asked as she rised her brow slightly.

The tanuki blinked. "Um... I'm not really sure what you mean, so I'll just go back to work." he said as he moved his gaze back to his laptop.

Isabelle closed the laptop. "Tom, today is your date night." she said. He looked back up to her. "Isabelle, I was middle of something, and my date night is tomorrow." he told.

She placed her hands to her hips. "Today is Friday," she said. "And I had marked on my calendar, you're taking evening off, today. And I never mark anything wrong." she huffed.

Tom stood up. "Friday? It can't be." he said gathering his papers. He took look one of them. "Ohdear... I'm behind my schedule, and I haven't even noticed." he gasped.

He placed his papers on the desk. He grapped folder from the shelf and opened it. "How this can be..?" he muttered. He flinched slightly when he felt hand against his shoulder.

"Tom, calm down, you're not behind anything. I got you covered." Isabelle told giving smile to him. "Go to your date, and try to relax, please." she said as she pushed him towards the doors.
"But I-"
"No, just go."

The tanuki was about to go back in, but the shih tzu slammed the door on his face. He blinked in suprise. "Ohdear..." he murmured as he ran his hand through his hair.

He took deep breath before he took his phone from his pocket. He stared at his phone screen. Many missed calls and more messages from his husband. Was it really today..?

He almost dropped his phone when he called to him. He answered to the call, "Um, hello?" he said with slight chuckle. "Where the hell are ya? I thought we'll have evenin' for us!" the kitsune told with hiss.

Tom lowered his ears slightly. "Sweet pie-" Redd cut him off, "Don't sweet pie me! You get home now and we'll talk, 'kay?" he hissed, before he ended the call.

He twitched his tail as he stared at the phone. He bit his lip as he slipped his phone to his pocket. He started to walk along the path, towards his house.

It took him for a while before he reached the house. He opened the door and stepped in. He twitched his ears slightly, there was silence. He removed his shoes. He went to the kitchen, and flicked lights on.

The tanuki was startled when he noticed the kitsune. "Redd, how long you been sitting in dark?" he asked. But he only got scoff from him. "Sweet pie, I-"

"I told ya not to sweet pie me." he snarled. He twitched his ears slightly, as he took sip from his drink. "I wanna know what was so fuckin' important that you forgot how we were gonna have date night." he hissed.

He lowered his ears against his head. "I'm sorry, I had so much to do, and-" He was cut off once again, "So, your work is sooo much more important than me, eh?" the kitsune asked with slight hiss.

The kitsune didn't wait for an answer, he got up from his seat. He took his glass and emptied it. "I'll be in bedroom." he scoffed softly, placing his empty glass on the table. He took the bottle of whisky with him as he left the kitchen.

Tom watched after the kitsune. He twitched his tail slightly as he sat down on the chair. He buried his face to his hands. I fucked up real bad...

He ran his hands down his face with heavy sigh. He stood up and took the glass from the table. And put it away. He left the kitchen and went upstairs. He went over to the bedroom door, giving knock to it.

Redd twitched his ears slightly. He rised his gaze to the door, taking swig from the bottle. He squinted his eyes slightly as the door opened. "I didn't say you can come in." he scoffed.

The tanuki sighed softly. "I know, but I would like to talk." he told as he stepped in the room. "And could you please put that bottle away?" he asked.

He took another swig from the bottle. "Nah, I think I'll keep it." he told with slight hiss. He took glance of the tanuki. "But please, go on." he scoffed softly as he took his thirt swig from the bottle.

Tom nodded. "May I sit with you?" he asked. He got slight nod from his husband. He went over to the bed, and sat on it. "Look, I'm sorry, I'm really sorry." he told as he placed his hand against the kitsune's shoulder.

He jerked away from him. He huffed softly, turning his back to him. The tanuki blinked. "Redd, I know I messed up big time. And I do want to make it up to you." he told softly.

The kitsune took glance of him, then moved his gaze to the bottle. He took yet another swig from the bottle. "Mm... I planned everythin', but now that is ruined..." he mumbled.

He flinched when the tanuki placed his hand against his shoulder. "Honey, I know, and I know I should have remembered." he told. "But we do have that time for us, and the twins are still going to spend night with Isabelle, yes?"

Redd placed the bottle on his nightstand, and then pulled the tanuki to hug. He buried his face to his neck. "I know... I just, I'm mad, ya know..." he murmured.

The tanuki was suprised as he got hug from him, but soon he hugged him back. "And you have every right to be mad." he told softly, as he gave gentle strokes against his back.

"Of course I do! You forgot our stupid date..." he scoffed as he dug his nails to Tom's back. "But, I still love ya, and I do wanna spend the night with ya." he told as he let the hug go.

Tom placed his hand against his cheek. "Hm... Well, evening is still quite young, what you had on your mind?" he asked as he gently brushed his thumb against his cheek.

Redd scratched back of his head. "I dunno... I already had little to drink..." he mumbled as he moved his gaze from the tanuki. "And, um... You can call me sweet pie, if ya want..."

He let out soft chuckle. "Of course I want to use it, you're my little sweet pie after all." he told giving gentle nudge to his arm. The kitsune let out squeal as he scooped him to another hug.

"You silly kitsune." the tanuki chuckled as he hugged him back. "You really are something else." he hummed softly, as he placed his hand against kitsune's cheek.

He blinked in suprise when he licked his nose. "Redd! Ew, no." he chuckled softly, gently pushing him away. "Whaaat? How that is any different, than kissin'?" he asked with slight smirk.

"They are different." he said, as he wiped his nose to his palm. He let out soft chuckle when he got kiss from the kitsune. "Fine, yes, they're not that different."
The kitsune wagged his tail side to side. He pulled him to kiss.