End of the year.

Holiday season, beautiful time of the year, Cave being decorated with lights and beautiful colors. It was rare not to see someone outside, but most of the residents, and Isabelle, had left the island to see their families.

Tom hummed softly as he cleaned up the kitchen. His ears pricked up when the bell rang. "Redd, go get the door!" he called, as he washed his hands.

The kitsune stood up from the couch, and went over to the door. He opened the door, and there was Joseph. His tail started to wag. "Hiii, how are ya?"

The tanuki let out soft chuckle as he stepped in. He placed his bags on the floor. "Oh, I'm doing fine, thank you." he hummed softly as he took off his fluffy coat. He hang the coat and then took off his boots.

Redd's tail fluffed up as the cold crept in, he closed the door. He twitched his tail to settle it down as he went to the kitchen. "Hey Nooks, it's your dad." he told.

Tom's ears pricked up, he looked over to his husband. Soon his father stepped in the kitchen as well. "Flight was early, hm?" he asked as he flicked the dishwasher on.

The older tanuki nodded. "Yes, the pilot you have is really nice man." he said, as he took look of the kitchen. "But you have very lovely home, yes." he told.

"Yes, he is, and thank you," he nodded. "But pa, are you hungry? We already had dinner, but there is leftovers." he added, slightly tilting his head.

Joseph flicked his ears slightly. "Oh, that would be nice, yes, as the train ride first was really long and then over hour ride with plane." he said with nod.

The tanuki nodded. "It still should be warm enough to eat, I'll give you utensils." he told, as he opened a cabinet and took plate from it. He placed the plate on the counter and then took fork and knife from drawer.

He handed them to his father. "What would you like to drink?" he asked as he took glass from another cabinet. "Oh, I think water is enough, thank you."

Redd flicked his tail slightly as he sat down. He watched as Joseph took the food, and Tom set the table for him. He leaned against his hand.

Joseph sat down to eat. He took bite out of the food. "Ohmy, this is great. This is your doing, is it?" he asked as he rised his gaze to the kitsune.

He blinked in suprise. "Uh... Yeah, I made it?" he nodded. "Figured much, Thomas never was much of a cook." he chuckled softly. The tanuki scoffed softly.

The kitsune snorted. "Yeah, he isn't, I usually handle the cookin'." he nodded with slight smirk. "But he has other good qualities." he told, as he drew circales against the table with his finger.

The older tanuki nodded, as he ate. "No wonder he has put on few." he hummed. "Papa!" "Oh don't yell Thomas, besides, it's great seeing you happy and healthy." he chuckled softly.

The tanuki scoffed softly as he stood up. "I'm going to tell boys you came early." he told as he left the kitchen. He headed to the upstairs, to the twins room. He gave knock to the door.

He heard "Come in." from one of the twins, so he opened the door and stepped in. "Hello, pa is here," he told. "But he is eating right now." he added.

Timmy and Tommy looked over to each other and then rised their gazes to him. "You don't seem happy?" Timmy said, tilting his head. "Is everything okay?" he asked.

Tom sighed softly as he ran his hand through his hair. "All is fine, yes, no need to worry." he told as he left their room. He twitched his tail slightly as he went back downstairs.

He stepped in the kitchen, he rised his gaze to his husband and father. They were having a drink. He blinked in suprise. "What are you doing?"

Redd looked over to him, as he took sip from his drink. "Havin' a drink? It was his idea." he told as he placed his glass on the table. "Wanna join us?"