8. End The Cruelty

"The world is a cruel place," Marcy told her daughter, dabbing her paintbrush on her tray for more grey. "And so we must be cruel back."

Eve nodded, watching through the mirror as her mother brought the brush to her face. She gently painted onto her cheeks with long strokes. As the brush went all over, her dark face was mixed with a dark grey.

They were sitting in Marcy's room at the time, sitting by the large mirror on the wall at the end of the bed. The gloomy sky was coming in from the window, giving the room a dull and dark lightening in the room. The bed was unkept, the sheets resting mindlessly.

"We have tried all our might to make a difference, but there still stands a conflict between us and the others," Marcy continued on, her eyes fixed on the brush she brought up to the side of Eva's face and back down.

"A new discovery had been made, giving us a new perspective of life. Yet, they thought of it as a destructive creation," She then told her, dabbing her paintbrush onto a dark green on the tray.

She painted extra details onto her. "All there is left, as Francis has said, is to put an end to the cruelty no matter how," She said, seeing her daughter nod once again.

Finally, she was done.

Eva looked at herself wondrously in the mirror, staring at the beauty before her. "What do you think mother?" She asked her, amazed.

"You look like a real zombie," Marcy answered with a large smile, taking her daughter into a hug from behind.

Eva's smile widened, her eyes wide with admiration as her insides burst with excitement. Her face was wrinkled, grey and screaming undead. She turned and hugged her mother happily, an abnormal reaction to the others on the other side.

Marcy sighed. "I wish your father was here to see this," She said sadly, still continuing to hug her daughter tightly.

Eva didn't reply, only kept in her mother's arms, hands tight on her shoulders with burning anger. Her father, she promised then, would pay for leaving them and the healing civilizations behind. 

•◉•◉•

With her head high, Marcy yelled into the microphone, keeping the sign she held up high in the air. Her face was the appearance of a zombie's just as her daughter's. Skin wrinkled and grey, she sure scared a few people passing by.

"What do we want?" She asked into the microphone loudly, directing it to Liam and all.

"Liberty, safety, peace, and love!" Liam answered back into his own microphone, the wind interrupting it with a howl, causing a screeching into his words.

A man passing by stopped, eyes wide with fury as he looked at them. "Bloody hell," He spat, brows crossed. "You're freaking people out with your freaky shit."

"It's not freaky, but a clear example that we are indeed the very same," Marcy answered angrily.

"We will never be the same. If we can't even coexist with them, how ever will we be treated like we are all the same?" He asked her, already walking away in a frustrated hurry as he held onto his hat from the strong winds.

A strom was coming they could see. Though, this storm would be different.

Many people passing were shocked and outraged like the man, yelling curses and pointing fingers. Children cried loudly from their horrid faces, running to their parents to be held safely in their arms. One after the other, someone reacted to them rudely.

Nobody was listening.

After a while, with people still not stopping to listen to what they had to say, Marcy thinned her lips. With her eyes staring ahead darkly, another man came up to her, also reacting the same as all the others.