♡║THE DAY HANAKO DISAPPEARED

"You'll forget me eventually

"You'll forget me eventually." he smiled. He knew Yashiro wasn't going to let him go that easily and he wasn't ready to let go either. He was already breaking. He had no other choice. In one sudden bound, Yashiro was on him.

Yashiro clutched tightly onto Hanako's shirt, burying her face in his chest.

"D-don't leave m-me!" she choked out, holding on tighter to him.

He was already breaking apart. He couldn't hold her or do anything. He was a ghost and she was a human. They were never destined to be together. It was an impossible feat for the both of them.

His eyes watered. He wanted to hug her and tell her everything was fine. That he was fine. That he was here. That he would never leave her.

Those were all blatant lies.

He couldn't lie to her.

He couldn't do that to her, the girl he loved.

"Hanako-kun..." Yashiro was sobbing now. "It would have been better if we kept living like that, together."

Hanako looked down, casting his forlorn expression to the ground. He couldn't look at her.

"No..." he pulled down his hat lower to cover his face.

Then his body moved without him willing it to. He was breaking into a million pieces. He didn't care. He just wanted to hug her one last time.

"I also wanted to keep living together with you, Yashiro." he pulled her in tight and didn't let go. 

He felt himself breaking apart into a million pieces. He could feel the cracks and the pain it caused him. The world of the seven mysteries was breaking apart.

He held her tight.

He didn't let go until he disappeared completely and Yashiro was left with only a memory and empty space inside.