"Please sir! Just a few septims to feed my sister!"

A young man wept at the nobleman's feet as he scrambled desperately at him. Avoiding any contact with the Nobleman's horse.

"Get off me, freak!"

The poor boy received a swift kick to the gut and was kicked once more in the face. He coughed up blood uncontrollably and smirked to himself as the bastard noble rode away with his wife and two guards. He limped back toward a thick cluster of trees where his Spriggan caretaker raised him. 

See, he was abandoned in this region of Skyrim eighteen odd years ago by someone from the other side of Skyrim, as he was around The Reach. Everyone he met called him a freak, and in his mind, they were right to. He was a half Nord and half Khajiit hybrid.

He looked like a nord at first glance, but he had furry black ears on top of his head and a tail to match. His hair matched his ears and tail fur. Since he had of Khajiit ears, he didn't have human ears. His eyes were bright green, and he could see in the dark. 

He was found by a Hagraven and three Spriggans when he was six and granted his the name, Xu (Pronounced Zu). They told him they loved him and treated him like he was a blessing to them, never once did they treat Xu poorly. 

When Xu was ten Madam Rosmerta (Hagraven), Miss Dusken, and Miss Thistlebloom were killed by the Vigilantes of Stendarr.

Miss Duskthorne was the only to escape, and she carried Xu in her arms, surrounded by thorns enchanted with protective magic.

She enchanted creatures to fight off the Vigilantes as she ran into the forest. She hid herself and her ward inside a cave and they hid for days on end before they traveled to the deserted ruins of Dead Crone Rock. They lived in the cave above the Rock for six more years before they ended up in the particular forest Xu's in now.

Miss Duskthorne was mortally wounded by a hunter a year ago. She gave her beloved child a dagger she called Nettlebane. She died a relatively peaceful death, becoming a beautiful pink Canticle tree. Xu made a lovely ring around the tree with white and pink flowers.

Now that his backstory is finished, back to his thieving exploits. Xu counted out the gold and jewels he snagged off the noble.

"Perfect."

He smirked and ran to Markarth, having tucked his tail away and hiding his lovely ears under a hat. Xu gained access to the Silver-Blood Inn, where he purchased a room for the night and ate as much food as he could afford.

<~>

When Xu woke the following morning, he snuck around to the Lock Box and used his trusty lock pick to pick his way inside. Xu stole back all his money, and the money of everyone who stayed there. He quickly left the city and ran up the carriage driver.

"Where do you want to go?"

"Um, Riften sounds good."

Xu handed the driver some coins and he nodded.

"Climb in back and we'll be off."

He did so and sneakily ate his bread while the driver was talking about the Black-Briar Meadery.

<~>

They reached Riften a whole day and a half later and Xu practically leapt off the carriage. He eagerly walked up to the gates, but was stopped by the guard on duty trying to force a visitor's tax on him

"This is obviously a shakedown. I do wonder what the Jarl will think about this."

"Keep your voice down. Don't mention this to anyone, brat."