We'll Never Forget You - Newt FF

* (I wrote this book for a friend of mine) *

It was finally night, me and my friend Katie had been at a sleepover together. We've been watching our favorite series; The Maze Runner. We're really obsessed with that series, we haven't read the books, but in our opinions the movies are better. We had been up all night watching The Maze Runner, that we hadn't even checked the time for us to sleep. "Newt is so hot" said Katie.

"Yeah, I know" I said laughing back at Katie with her "in love face" over Newt. "What time is it?" I asked. "I don't know" she said, turning to look at me, then back at the tv. "We better head to bed, I think it's late" I said yawning and checking my phone for the time. "No, please can we continue watching" Katie said shaking me to wake up. "Katie, I'm tired" I said looking at her sleepish.

She pouted, then turned to watch the movie, but said nothing. "Katie, guess what?" I said looking happily at her. "What?" she said, her eyes still focused on the tv screen. "Guess what time it is" I said smiling, and showing her my phone. She looked, and her eyes got wide. "It's almost 9!" She said excitedly. "I know! You wanna do it tonight?" I asked curious, but was already aware of her answer. "Of course!" she said practically yelling back at me. "Well, let's go then!" I said getting up and cleaning up the room to prepare for the dream.

Ever since me and Katie have been friends we would always have the same  reoccurring dream about Newt. We would be at the same place, at the same time, and we could see each other too. Newt would talk with us, and we would travel in our desired world. We thought it was crazy at first, and just a coincidence, but after we've done some research we figured out that it wasn't just a coincidence, and we could make it happen again.

We would have to clear whatever room we're in, then get in a circle and hold hands with each other, then place our finger on our third eye and repeat the words; "We will shift to The Maze Runner, We will see Newt in our dreams, shifting will be easy, we will shift together tonight."

After we've done that for a few minutes,  we would sleep then let the magic happen. "Eeek! I'm so excited, but also nervous" Katie said getting herself in her bed. "Me too, but it'll work I know it." I said also getting myself in bed. I switched off the light, and laid back facing the ceiling. "Goodnight Katie" I said. "Goodnight Rachel" Katie said back. "See you in my dreams" I said laughing a little. "See you" Katie said, I could tell she was also smiling.

I shifted to a comfortable position on my bed, and slowly closed my eyes, nervous but also excited for my dreams to come.

                             ***

I felt myself laying on cold, damp, and wet grass. I hadn't opened my eyes yet, but I could tell I was in the dream, I hadn't heard Katie yet, maybe she was already awake trying to find me.

I slowly opened my eyes, and saw I was on the ground of wherever we were. I got up, and looked around, it sort of looked like a forest, tall dark, mysterious dark green trees that stretched for miles across. The air was crystal fresh, misty, but very cold and wet once entered into the nostrils.

The sky was a light gray, with very stretched out and long weary clouds. Birds were chirping, and chasing after one another. It was beautiful. I stood up, and went to find Katie. I started walking to the lighter side of this magical-looking forest, after a while of walking I stumbled across a small river, rushing with water as little fishes were swimming freely against the waters ripples.

It was cute, I smiled. You never see something like that everyday. I walked away from the river and went along my quest looking for Katie. "KATIE!" I shouted, hoping she would hear me in this small, but very large forest. I started running, feeling the winds violent air hit against me but caused no damage. I ran until I found a person crouched looking at their finger smiling.