02: Meeting A Demon

𝕄𝕖𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝔸 𝔻𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕟

Yuviel stumbles upon a river deep inside the dark forest after running for hours, despite the fact that the forest is dark the river glows like a light for the entire forest making Yuviel safe near around it as if it has an enchantment that keeps monsters at bay.

Yuviel didn't move a muscle; she's so engrossed at the view of the glowing river in front of her that she ended up failing to notice the presence behind her until she hears a stick cracking behind to where she is standing.

The noble child then quickly turns around to the source f the sound that she had just heard only to be confronted by a female wit horns towering over her petite frame.

" What could a child be doing in this dark forest "

Yuviel remained silent, trembling beneath the demon-like female in front of her hoping that the demon wouldn't kill her well that is what's inside the demons head of course, the demon sighs at the child that she's towering over the demon crouches to Yuviel's height and warmly smile's at the child.

" Where might your parents be, child? "

Yuviel calm's herself but still didn't respond to the demon's question.

' I may be a child physically but I'm an adult mentally and since I'm in a child's body I guess it's time for me to use my acting skills. '

Yuviel thought, she then forces herself to let out tears drip from her eyes making it seem like she's crying.

" P-papa and mama, both of them are sleeping after our carriage fell from a cliff earlier. "

Yuviel responded to the demon with trembling voice between her sniffles.

" A-and the emperor of the empire that me and my parents live h-he killed them. "

After hearing what the noble child had just said the demon widens her eyes, surprised by her story the demon f course knew the emperor that the child in front f her is talking about because both of them are enemies, suddenly a shout was heard but it isn't someone if danger it's someone who's a threat.

" SHE'S HERE!! "

Yuviel activated her acting skill once again, she pretends to be scared from the manly voice, the demon stood in front of Yuviel shielding her, from the shadows of the dark forest running footsteps could be heard and those footsteps are running to where Yuviel and the demon are.

Yuviel and the demon who's shielding her looks at the source where they heard the running footsteps, them man whom they heard shouting earlier then steps out of the shadows of the dark forest and is now illuminated by the light of the river the man is revealed to be one of the emperor's knight.

Spotting Yuviel who's trembling behind a female, the knight prepares his sword to kill the child.

" Lady, I would appreciate it if you step back and let me kill the demon child behind you. "

The knight says arrogantly, the female of course raised one of her eyebrows.

' Is he blind? can't he see that I have horn's sticking from my head? '

" YOU IDIOT!! GET AWAY FROM THERE SHE'S ALSO A DEMON! "

He's companion shouted behind him, the knight of course smirks thinking that if he kills both of the demons in front of him he will be praised by the king and if possible make him into a hero.

" Then that's great, I'll slaughter both of you! "

The fool knight shouted with wicked smile plastered on his face and dashed to the two demons.

" YOU FOOL!! "

Suddenly the knight drops his sword, blood gushes from his mouth looking at his stomach a pointy tentacle with spikes around it could be seen stabbing through his stomach.

" Wh- "

The tentacle that stabbed him then went through his heart, the tentacle removes itself from the knight's body and went back to the female demon, blood spilled on the grass as his body falls onto the ground with his blood.

One of the knights who had witnessed the scene let out a bloody scream which could be heard throughout the whole forest, To silence him, an invisible force cut his head off, allowing it to fly through the air, both his body and head falling onto the grassy ground at the same time, but the older demon didn't forget to cover Yuviel's eyes.

Due to her acute hearing capabilities the demon hears more running knights getting near them, the elder demon grabs Yuviel and carries her through the dark woods in her arms. Yuviel clings to the demon's garment due to her constant speed.

______________________

After awhile Yuviel felt the older demon stop moving but she still held onto the demon's clothes.

" You may open your eyes now child. "

Yuviel obeyed the demon's commands, and the demon resumed her path, but this time more leisurely. as Yuviel flutters her eyes open she sees the demon with golden hair and lashes as she opens her eyes. She also possesses a set of irises that are the hue of a gleaming diamond.

Yuviel then glances to the side and sees a dark corridor lighted only by dim lights affixed to the wall. She is naturally curious as to where the elder demon would take her, as well as who the demon who just saved her from the humans who were ordered by the emperor to kill her.

The only sound that could be heard itself was the demon's clacking shoes reverberating along the silent corridor, Yuviel wanted to ask the demon where she was taking her, but she kept it to herself, soon after the demon came to a halt, the youngster in her arms stares at her in awe; the demon, of course, saw but did not speak; she simply looks ahead, and Yuviel follows her gaze to see the large double doors.

' Even though I heard the screams that the knights let out earlier when she slaughtered them, I now believe I should be concerned for my safety. '

Yuviel trembles simply from her thoughts, but she didn't notice the older demon staring at her before opening the double large doors. Yuviel gulps loudly, that the demon who's carrying her heard it but sighed and ignores it.

' I just got reincarnated and I'm already going to die!! '

End Of Chapter 02

______________________