Hope Through Love (Meggan Puceanu, aka Gloriana)

Meggan Puceanu has not stopped crying ever since two hours ago. She didn't even want to remember why she was crying but the image was still there in her mind. She knew better than to do what she did... but she did so anyway.

Her eyes were bloodshot red as tears streamed down her cheeks like a river. Each second that passed was a sob that she left out of her mouth. She didn't even know when she started to tremble. All she did know was that nothing was ever going to be the same again. She would have liked to go back and prevent what happened but she knew that was impossible.

She looked towards a picture in the room and she stopped breathing as soon as she saw it. Tears began to drown her heart as they escaped her eyes at a faster rate. The picture laid there alone near the bed. She wanted to look somewhere else but her mind and body didn't let her, remembering the days when she was not as miserable as she was now.

She didn't even want to keep looking so she grabbed the picture frame and tossed it right at the wall, breaking the frame as the picture slowly fell to the ground. Thankfully for Meggan, the picture itself was looking to the ground, making her see the white back area of the image that was in the broken frame.

She has even forgotten how to sigh. The pain didn't let her do anything but sob, cry or scream. She wasn't even paying attention to her sobbing child, her mind also suffering from everything that had happened to her. But then her mind betrayed her, yet again, and began to think of what had happened and she didn't know how it happened. Everything happened in a matter of seconds, and she was experiencing the entire problem. And there was nothing she could do at the moment but try to escape.

She couldn't help but think that she was the problem. Her mind told her different, reasoning with her that she was not the problem. But her heart said otherwise, which made her suffer even further. She wanted to escape from the harsh reality that only knows how to bring pain and sorrow. She didn't want to suffer any longer but even being in her bedroom was making her suffer. She couldn't even look outside before feeling pain right at her heart, the heart she had opened toward the man she thought would bring her happiness.

She couldn't stay here any longer. She had to begin anew somewhere else. She was risking her own health just by staying in the room that she had shared with the man who had betrayed her. It made even staring at the door a hard task to do. She had to get out of there as fast as she could. Maybe even then she would begin to heal. But it was then that she remembered someone, someone from his past that she definitely knew that could help her. Which made her want to leave even faster.

"I-I h-ha-have too... F-For my s-sa-sake" She sobbed out, her heart constricted against her chest even harder than before. It knew that she was leaving, that she wanted to stay away from him but her heart didn't want to go but she knew that she needed to go. She didn't want to keep on suffering over it any longer. She had to leave her home. She didn't want to remember the one who broke her heart. She wanted to forget what she saw. She really wanted to forget every single moment she had with him. And most of all... she wanted to forget Brian Braddock.

Two Months Later; New York City

She stared at the door in front of her, her hand trembling slightly as she kept on looking. It took two months to be able to disappear from every place that may have known her. She, alongside her baby daughter, had no place to go. This apartment right now being the only place that could hide her. So she looked at her baby, sleeping on her other hand before she made her decision. She knocked on the door softly, hoping that someone would be inside.

"Give me a moment!" She sighed in relief, rocking her baby softly as she tried to keep her baby sleeping. She could only trust in him, he was the only person that may as well have her back through all of this. So she waited, her eyes glancing everywhere to see if she had been followed or not. As soon as she heard the doorknob being unlocked, she faked a smile.

"M-Meggan?!" She was thankful for the man lowering his voice quite a bit. She smiled sadly, looking at him with a bit of hope in her eyes. She really needed help and there was no one else she could trust. "W-Where have you been? Everyone has been worried about you" She looked away, fear of breaking down right there and then was increasing every second that passed. And it seems that the man also took notice of her reactions, pulling her inside with care. "Let's head inside... We can have a bit more privacy"

"Thank you, Peter..." Meggan said, looking just as Peter Parker glanced at her with a small smile. She even looked as Peter looked outside slightly, checking the surroundings of his apartment before looking at her with care and worry. She really had to apologize to everyone that had been searching for her, but she really had to escape from that place. "Do you have anything to eat right now? Is that-"

"You don't have to worry, Meggan. I'll prepare you something quickly" She sighed, glancing down at her baby with a small smile. Peter was an angel, she knew that he could trust in him. She didn't want to talk about what had happened to her, she just wanted to leave that behind and just keep going forward. "I'm sorry... You know... About-"

"It's alright, Peter. I... I've been handling it..." She whispered, her blonde hair covering her eyes as she kept her sight over her daughter. She smiled, her loving smile still directed to her baby. She didn't have any fault whose blood ran through her. It was only his fault that she was like this. "I-"

"No you're not..." Peter left the food in the microwave, the sound of the machine heating the food was the only sound that could be heard. He understood her quite well, having gone through something similar. Though not as bad as what she was experiencing. "Please... Let me help you..." Peter cupped her cheek softly, slowly moving her face to look at him. He had to hold back a flinch when he saw her crying face. He didn't want to see her like that, she only deserved a smile over his face. "You don't have to face this alone..."

Meggan just stared right at him, her heart crying for companionship. But she was not ready, the pain inflicted by Brian Braddock still fresh. She knew that Peter was not Brian, their mannerisms were completely different. She wanted to believe in Peter, and she did. But her suffering still clung onto her. But this was not her, she wanted to be who she once was.

"Please... help me..." She cried as she made her decision. She wanted to feel happiness again, to be able to enjoy a nice day with her daughter without a worry in the world. She then hugged him tightly, making sure not to squish her daughter between the two. She immediately felt a strong pair of arms hug her back. She leaned her head towards his chest as Peter positioned his head right besides her own. "Please... Peter... help me"

"Always..." She loved the warmth that he was making her feel. It reminded her of times where she didn't have to worry about anything. So she made a slight chuckle in response. It felt weird to do so after pnly crying and suffering for almost two entire months. She looked up, only to see the man looking at her with understanding. "Know that I will always be there for you... and your baby"

Her heart was beating loudly and her cheeks growing redder as each beat passed. She didn't know when it started, but her body was completely warm. Her eyes glinted slightly as she looked at him with slightly loving eyes. In a matter of seconds, she kissed him on his lips. She felt something she had thought was taken from her. She was finally feeling love again. The kiss was short with Meggan slowly separating her lips from Peter's own lips. Though she had her forehead leaning on his own.

"W-What was that about..." She closed her eyes, enjoying the moment with the man who once was roommate with Brian. She didn't know when she would finally move on, but she already had someone in mind to spend the future with. She even saw just how her baby was clutching the man's shirt. She knew that with time, she would be able to love again. And she wanted to spend it next to the man who had helped her in her darkest moments.

"A promise..." Peter didn't need to ask anything else. His mind has already been able to analyze the situation quickly. So he knew what she was trying to tell him. All she wanted was to be loved, and he had provided that for her. He really didn't want to make her do this, he respected her way too much for him to get himself involved with a still married woman. But, he really couldn't say anything... not with Brian's mistake being involved. So he just accepted the proposition between himself and Meggan. "And Peter... Thank you"

"There is nothing to thank me for, Meggan. I would have done it either way" She smiled a bit before kissing Peter yet again. She wanted to be comforted, to be able to forget the past that still haunted her with so much pain and substitute it with a beautiful future. She believed that with Peter she would be able to find said future, and that the two of them would be able to have a beautiful life.