𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐓 - hold on (pt 2)

"sometimes we say things that we really don't mean, we do things in between the lines, we should do more to stand out. i'm sorry if I made you feel less than who you are, a little insecure..."
-Teyana Taylor
❀❀❀

❀❀❀

Three back-to-back performances and a week and a half later, Teyana was sat at the wheel of her BWM i8, a car Michael had gifted her for her birthday the year prior, driving up to the house they both owned in Santa Ynez. She was back in California for a little while, before going back for the second leg of her tour. Her mind hasn't been giving her any rest ever since Michael left with their child. She missed her daughter and she really did miss her man. He tried calling again, but she kept on declining until he stopped.

She thought about the whole situation, seeing that she was indeed in the wrong, but still refused to see reason. Although admitting her overreaction, she still faulted Michael for not firing her earlier, right when she noticed the switch in Tatiana's behavior. The girl had pressed charges against Teyana for the assault, which rolled off her back since she had the money Tatiana was asking for. She paid her, and countersued her for something else, having her money put right back. She was fired from the tour and had Michael tell her a few mean words before being out of their lives for good.

With Jill Scott's Golden playing on a low volume, she pressed her foot on the accelerator as the light turned green, making a left on one of the streets that would lead to their home.

Michael was there, spending time with his babies. His son, Keshawn was playing with his toys in their playroom with his little sister, with Michael looking over them, a warm smile pulling at his lips.

The little boy's mother died while giving birth to him, which made Michael and Teyana love him a little more than they loved Zendaya. Of course, Teyana had no problem treating the little man just like her own, after all, she knew the pain of having a missing parent. His mother and Michael didn't have a particular relationship, just a one-night stand, and an incident. Still, his son and daughter were everything to him. His happiness, along with Teyana.

"Daddy?" Zendaya's adorable voice disrupted his train of thought, her small hand tapping his thigh on which his Nike shorts were hiked up due to his sitting position. With the big eyes she inherited from him, she stared into his face, assuming that he wasn't okay. The little girl could tell whenever her parents weren't okay, she was very observant just like her mother. And when they would be down she would be too due to her empathetic nature earned from her father. She would want to try and fix the problem despite her young age. "When mama coming?" She asked him, happily leaning into his chest; her other happy place beside her brother's bed—, as he enclosed her between his crossed hands, kissing her forehead.

"Mama coming soon, okay baby?" Michael soothingly rocked her for a little bit, smiling as she nodded into his chest. He pulled her away from him, enough so he could stare in her face, only seeing Teyana. He wished she was here at that moment, he couldn't bear being away from her for so long. But in order to not alarm his already worried daughter, he put on a smile and kissed her forehead and the tip of her nose one more time, making her giggle.