F I V E

Warnings: This chapter features torture

Warnings: This chapter features torture. If you would like to skip, I completely understand. I will give a brief overview at the very end if you would like to just scroll to the bottom. Loads of love, sweet peas. <3  PART 1 OF A DOUBLE.

Dark. Dark. Dark.

All I see is darkness.

Silence. Silence. Silence.

There's nothing to hear. Nothing to smell. Nothing to see.

Except for my heartbeat. I swear I can feel it beat rapidly against my ribcage, threatening to beat out of its confines with anxiety.

ThumpThumpThumpThump.

I can feel that I'm strapped to a chair, wrists tied down with what feels like barbed wire because every time I move my wrists, a sharp pain escalates up both of my arms and a shaky breath falls from my lips. I can't help it. I feel as if my wrists are being ripped apart every time I so much as move. So, I stop moving them and instead see if I can shift far enough to move the chair.

I can't. The chair doesn't even budge. It's been cemented to the ground and I can tell because I even try to topple myself over.

My next course of action is to bend over, hoping that maybe I can somehow reach my feet but something keeps my back confined to the chair. I'm unable to move.

Unable to see. Unable to touch. Unable to smell anything.

My head aches something fierce and then I remember that Harry was in my apartment.

HarryHarryHarryHarry.

Chloroform.

I guess my past finally caught up to me and isn't going to be the kindest. I'd expect nothing less from Harry though. So, I relax back into the chair and let my eyes slip shut as I slip into my happy place. Rodney taught me everything I needed to know in a hostage situation. A happy place. This is my happy place.

-

"Star! Star!" Kaia laughs, moving to grasp the old, janky polaroid camera from between my hands so that I stop taking pictures of us. We nearly roll off the side of the house because of our antics but honestly? I wouldn't have it any other way.

"I look..." She drowns off, glancing down at her shirt which is bright blue and has scented cinnamon rolls on it. We got it at a secondhand shoppe and we just liked the way it smelt. However, now it doesn't smell much like cinnamon rolls as it does beer because he had 'accidentally' tripped and spilt the alcohol all down the front of Kaia's shirt.

I had decided to shield her from the real reason that he spilt the alcohol down the front of her shirt.

Happy times. Happy times only.

"Now, tell me more about this constellation," I grin, moving to pull Kaia into a big hug as I look up at the stars.

"Orion," she smiles bright and wide, so carefree and innocent. So full of life. I just want to capture this moment, so I do. I raise my camera and snap a quick picture before setting the camera down.