T E N

Harry shushes everyone, his hands waving up and down like a baby bird trying to fly

Harry shushes everyone, his hands waving up and down like a baby bird trying to fly. "Niall, you ready?" He questions, gesturing to the trap and trace machine. We've been sitting for days, trying to pinpoint where exactly Liam could be hiding but lucky for us Liam has decided to call Harry.

For what? We don't know but I've never seen Niall run out of the room faster to start setting something up on Harry's phone.

Harry sets the phone down on the table, pressing the green phone icon to pick up the call and put it on speaker.

"Liam, mate. Where are you? I've been worried," He breathes and his tone almost makes me believe he's being sincere if it wasn't for the fact that I can see the anger on his face. A part of me wants to reach over and smooth out the frown lines, however, I stop myself and instead focus on the conversation.

"Harry," Liam rushes out, his voice in a whisper tone and sounding far off which makes me furrow my brows. "I'm not daft, I know you lot have been tracking me and there's a lot I need to explain but I don't have much time,"

He's talking at what seems to be the speed of light. There's the soft hum of a car and I can only guess that he's driving. My hands grip onto the edge of the table, looking up at Harry before I glance back down at his phone. At least we know he's using his phone. Or is he? What if he's cloned the number? He's the one that texted me from inside Harry's house that night, isn't he?

There's no way it was Sapphire, was it?

Was it?

So many questions, so few answers. I resist the urge to grab the phone from Harry and just start asking questions. I know we'll get absolutely nowhere that way. The last person that Liam will answer to is me, I just know it.

"A lot to explain?" Harry questions, looking over at Niall with a side-eye and I watch as Niall gives the motion to keep the call going. So Harry continues to speak to Liam, "Well, talk to me then, mate. What's going on?"

The other side of the line is eerily silent for a few moments, the sound of gravel crunching under tires cutting through the silence.

Eventually, the sound of a car door opening and an engine idling can be heard. "Meet me at Abney Park cemetery. I haven't much time," and the dial tone sounds out, letting us know that Liam has since hung up.

"Absolutely not. You're not going alone," I breathe, not giving Harry a chance to reply, "we don't know what Liam is capable of let alone if this is a set-up."

"Astar's right, mate."

"Shut up, Louis," he grumbles, rubbing his hand over the scruff on his chin before turning to look right at me, his lips twitching up into a smile.

"I have to do this," Harry starts, "I won't be wearing a wire. Liam knows how we operate, after all...he was one of us. I'll have my phone on an open call so you should be able to hear everything."