6.0

I walk up to the Gryffindor common room and say the password I was given. The portrait swings open and Marcus and I walk through hand in hand. Immediately, I see Sirius making a bee-line for us. I duck and pull Marcus over to the drinks. I can't deal with Sirius sober. Sirius follows us and starts to interrogate Marcus. I give Marcus a pitiful glance but he just smiles. He's always been optimistic like that. I find myself wandering absentmindedly through the crowds of people before making my way over to Cassidy and Marlene. They are doing shots and I promptly join them. The party goes on like that for a while; Sirius questioning Marcus, Cassidy and me getting drunk. It's a lot of fun. Then James has the brilliant idea of truth or dare. That was sarcastic. This is going to be horrible.

James brings out a beer bottle and we all gather around in a circle. The circle consists of me, Cassidy, Marcus, Marlene, Lily, Alice, Dorcas, Mary, the marauders, and Matthew Patel. Mary McDonald spins first and lands on Dorcas Meadowes. "Dare," she declares.

"Hmm, I dare you to kiss Marlene." It's funny to me, to all of us, because it is so plain obvious Dorcas Meadowes and Marlene Mckinnon are in love. They both deny it, of course, but I think that is why Mary chose the dare she did.

They kiss, a small peck, nothing special. But their cheeks light up a bright red and I have to stifle a laugh. Marlene, though flushed, looks smug as ever with her signature smirk. Sirius spins next and lands on Remus. He choses dare and Sirius has him jump in the Black Lake. Remus comes back freezing and pissed. Marcus and I wrap a blanket around him while scolding Sirius. Cassidy spins and lands on James.

"Truth or Dare, Potter?" Cassidy leans back against the bottom of the couch.

"Truth," he replies. Our first truth, this'll be interesting.

"Out of everyone in the room, who do you think looks the best?" I don't know what type of game Cassidy is playing at, but I don't like it.

"Myself, obviously." James jokes with a cocky grin.

"James," Cassidy scolds.

"Fine, uhh, probably Astoria? I don't know." I don't know why but something about that made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. He thinks I look the best. No Astoria, you have a boyfriend. A wonderful, caring, kind, amazing boyfriend. Oh my God- will Marcus be mad at this? I look up at him but he just smiles.

"He's right, you know. You do look the best," he whispers to me. I grin brighter than ever. Could James make me grin like that? No. Don't even try and think about it, Astoria. He's your friend, nothing more.

The party continues on for a while longer but Marcus and I leave early. We're outside the Hufflepuff common room when he kisses me. It's not like we haven't kissed before, but something about this time made me feel happier. Was I imagining him to be James? I mean it wouldn't be wrong to, right? It's all hypothetical anyways. I would never date James. I just want to know what it might be like, you know?

"Thanks for agreeing to come, Marcus. I had a lot of fun. I hope Sirius didn't bother you too much." I smiled up at him.

"No, I had a great time. Your friends are great! You should go to bed though, it's getting really late. I don't want you to get sick from it or something."

"I don't think that's how it works," I laugh before hugging him. "Goodnight Marcus," I whisper into his shoulder.

"Goodnight, my love," he replies. We break apart and I walk up to my dorm. I am in a zombie-like state as I move about getting ready for bed. I fall asleep that night thinking about two words.

My love.