Part 12

"You weren't supposed to mean so much to me." My heart slowed down, hands so cold against the warmth still rushing through the puncture through my middle. "I wasn't supposed to fall for you; so hard. It's going to be-" The pain didn't allow me to speak without groaning at the sharp stabs. "Impossible to be without you."

Felix looked at the line formed by where the sun rose from behind the mountains, trying to blink away the tears - but failed - before gazing at my eyes again.

He nodded gravely.

"They are all gone. And won't bother this place anymore." I attempted a smile which he returned - sorrowfully. My free hand reached out to wipe his cheeks as he snuffled. He grabbed my wrist making me pause.

I peered at Y/N who was busy avoiding my gaze as she wept alone in the corner of my vision.

"I am sorry," I said to no one in particular as the rest of the realm came over. I saw quantities of civilians approach us.

My beloved people. Here to bid me a last goodbyes, smiles and return the kind words and actions I had once offered them.

Everything grew warmer as the sun peeked out from the mountains, the scent of fresh, morning dew combined with gore. I shivered even in the cozy atmosphere.

"Thank you," Felix spoke up at last. "For accompanying me in sword drills."

I guffawed and nodded.

"I hope you will forgive me for not respecting your endless efforts at teaching me. And interrupting you during assemblies."

I smiled. My eyelids grew heavier.

"I'll never forget rolling in fields of sunflowers." His voice broke.

"I will watch over you, from the stars." Moving my jaw to speak was an effort. I could feel the difficulty moving each and every muscle. "Be sure to wave back at me."

He nodded swiftly.

"I want to be gone already. It looks like a good day to fly."

Felix shook his head in disapproval, his eyes said more than he could. 'You can't leave me.'

"I must go, the fog is rising. I want to soar in the skies, reside in the stars." I don't think I was even breathing. My heart felt like an empty shell. Something in my chest was being played with.

I began rising. But my body stayed still - like a rock. Corpse. I only heard muffled sounds. Only saw blended colours of the world. Everything was distorted, like sitting in a roller-coaster that is going down. Fast. Like falling from the sky with no recourse. The taste of blood vanished and got replaced with something like the taste of paint.

"Save me some wonders too," His voice trailed off.

The sky, land, people, all blended into a chalky shade.

Pure.

The lovely scent of white lotuses and jasmines.

This unnamed feeling of drowning in fragrance and dew and beauty.

So many opportunities lay before me.

This doesn't have to be an end - unless I make it one.