Sitting Down as a Family

I threw myself onto my bed, bringing Harry down with me.

"Mie, what's going on? Why are you so...angry?" Harry asked me, sitting up on his side to look at me.

"Harry. I'm eighteen years old and they just told me that they know my biological parents. Do you have any idea how it feels to have this happen to you? And on your birthday no less?" I sighed.

"Probably better than having no parents at all." He snipped at me.

"Shut it. You bloody well know that Mum and Dad have practically adopted you. So, you've got no room to complain." I snipped back.

"Fine. But, Mie. What're you going to do about Blaise?"

"I'm not sure. I feel a little better now. But, it's nowhere near as good as I felt after I broke Malfoy's nose in third year."

"Hermione...You gotta think about this. They deserve to tell you their side of the story. All you know is that they're your biological family. That doesn't change what we are. Or what Mum and Dad are to us." Harry said pleadingly.

"Harry, I don't want to hear their side of the story. They show up eighteen years after and they want to know about me and my life? Be INVOLVED in it? I think NOT! I am not going to just sit here and allow them to waltz back in after they kept Blaise and gave ME up. I was their DAUGHTER! If they could afford to keep my stupid twin, then they should've been able to take care of me too! They...got rid of me." I murmured.

"Just listen to them, Mie. You never know. They could've been threatened into giving you up."

"I hate it when you're logical." I growled at him.

He just smirked and winked at me and said, "I love you too, sis."

I stomped my way begrudgingly out of my room and down the stairs. Yes, like a petulant child and then gracefully stomped my way over to the Zabini Clan and glared at them.

"Right, so it's been...brought to my attention that you have a side to this mess of a story as well. So, spill it before I throw you all out if my house and have my big brother obliviate my mind so this never happened."

Mr. Zabini sat up and smiled faintly at me. "Isabella... We never wanted to give you up." He started.

I snorted and rolled my eyes. "Unlikely." I sneered at him, offended.

"Isabella! I will not have you speak to your father in that tone! It's not lady like!" Mrs. Zabini snapped at me.

"I'll tell you what's not--"

"Her. Mi. One." Harry snapped behind me, tightening Tray his hold on my shoulder.

I silenced myself and glared at a speck of dirt on the window.

"Angelica. Let her be. She's going through a lot right now, Love." Mr. Zabini said to his wife.

"But Antonio! She's being blatantly disrespectful to you! Doesn't she know any etiquette?" Angelica demanded, clearly thinking that my parents hadn't done a knock up job of raising me themselves.

I was getting angry again. "Listen, Angelica. My parents have done a brilliant job raising me! Unlike some people who throw the females out of the family, they love me, took care of me, clothed me, fed me, kept me happy. Which is a whole heck of a lot more than what I can say for the likes of you lot!" I snapped at them.

Angelica was taken aback and Blaise was twitching, trying not to laugh. Antonio was smiling at me, clearly finding some amount of joy in this confrontation between his wife and I.

"Look here you insolent little girl! We SENT YOU AWAY TO PROTECT YOU!" She yelled, standing up from her chair and turning to walk out of the room.

"Forgive your mother, Isabella. She's a very emotional woman. Especially when this subject is breeched. You see, Voldemort was having us raise our children as long as they were male. If they were female, we were allowed to have them only until their third year at Hogwarts. Then they would be shipped out to wherever the Dark Lord wanted them to be so he could reproduce with them at any time he so chose. You would've been a concubine if we kept you. We had to do something. When we found out that Angelica's sister had lost her child to a still birth that same night, we knew what we had to do. We gave them you, and wished them good luck. You were reported as dead upon birth and that Blaise was the only one to have made it through the birthing process."

I softened my expression. Talk about a living Hell. They gave up their only daughter to protect her and keep her safe.

"Wow. That's...that's heart wrenching." I muttered, leaning back against Harry's arm that was around my shoulders.

"Yes. It was. It was the most difficult thing we ever had to do. But, it was that or sexual slavery for you. We chose the lesser of two evils." Antonio said.

"So....that's why a I could always hear a little annoyingly nagging voice in my head." Blaise muttered.

"Sorry, why would you be hearing voices?" I asked civilly.

"Twins, magical twins that is, tend to be closer than anyone could ever think. Those Muggle myths about Twin Telepathy and Twin Pain are all true for us Wizarding twins." Blaise said to me softly, avoiding looking at me.

"What...do you mean?" I asked.

"I think what your brother is trying to say, Mie, is that through everything that you've gone trough, he could feel it. The emotional turmoil. The physical pain. Blaise felt it all. He probably even knew who you were to him before now." Harry said.

"You knew who I was and YOU STILL TORE ME UP INSIDE?!" I demanded.

"Isabella, you have to understand, I knew that I had to protect you from everything. I had put two and two together." Blaise said.

I turned away from him and looked at Harry for reassurance. He smiled at me and nodded, telling me it was alright for me to continue with this little heart to heart.

"Right. What about..." I could barely force it out of my body needless to say off my tongue. "...Malfoy?" I asked forcefully.
"He didn't know anything."Blaise said.

"So, what you're saying is that Malfoy is truly a bigoted prejudice git." I summed up dryly.

"No. That was his Father speaking. Although, they both have turned over a new leaf and are model citizens now."

"What else do you want to know about your heritage and family?" Angelica asked, coming back into the room and sitting down on the chair next to Antonio again.

"Why do I look like a beaver gone wrong accident?" I asked straight forwardly.

"Well, you're under a charm. A glamour charm to be exact. I placed it on you the day you were born." Antonio said with a shrug, as if it were the most obvious thin in the universe.

"So, is it possible to take the charm off?" I asked hinting at what I wanted to happen.

"Absolutely." Angelica said to me; her eyes were forming tears and then she raised her wand, pointed it at me, and spoke, "Finite Incantatum."