CHAPTER 2

“Found…!”

Theo was found in an abandoned building where no one goes to anymore.

It was a very difficult place to find for me, who did not even know that such a place existed on the site of the orphanage.

Having found Theo after hard work, I hurried to visit him.

I was so happy to see him even though he’s a villain because I had been looking for him for so long.

“Hi!”

I waved my hand in a hoarse voice and ran in his direction.

First impressions always went very well with Iris’ cute face like a doll.

“…”

But Theo’s eyes looking at me were as cold as ice.

“My name is Iris.”

But I expected this kind of reaction! Let’s hit it somewhere! I will never give up!

“Go away before I kill you.”

“…Ah”

I turned my body toward the same direction I had been running.

‘This isn’t it…!’

My head thought I should stop running now, but my body wouldn’t listen.

What he probably thought was,

‘Who are you?’

‘Disappear from my sight.’

‘Don’t bother me.’

I’m scared of him…!

~*~

The next day, after running away from Theo in such an unnatural way, I mustered up my courage again and sneaked to see him.

“Hmmm.”

Last time, I ran away without thinking, but this time it’ll be different.

I was frightened because the future killer was going to kill me, but when I came to think of it, I don’t have a mother, so I have nothing to lose…

Anyway, I changed my mind and decided to talk to him again.

Try to do it as naturally as possible. Natural!

I let go of the hand holding the ball and gently rolled it in front of Theo.

Roll.

“Oh my. Did the ball roll this way?”

“…”

I quickly glanced at Theo and sprinted towards the ball.

Theo, who turned his head at the sight, met my gaze.

His red eyes were staring right at me.

‘Red.’

But it didn’t feel that bad. Rather, I was fascinated by the intense colors.

“Uh… Hello. Good to see you again?”

I picked up the ball and greeted him.

Fortunately, he didn’t swear at me this time.

In fact, it was a reaction that was close to utter ignorance, but even that was something I was willing to put up with.

At least he won’t hurt me now.

“Theo right? As I said yesterday, my name is Iris. Won’t you play ball with me?”

I said so and held out a pink ball.